Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy T-100 enthusiasts , am a new member here , my 95'4x4, needs some help on the front end for sure, saw some Skyjacker N-8060s Nitro dual tube , 150 pressure, for on and off road, has a rebate as well
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-N8060/

Now Facts, we are small Farmsteaders, live out 4.3 on a gravel road in the Hills of the Ozarks, so we get some snow and a little mud ,have low water crossings, so we need kinda on and off type Shocks, we do not plan to Rockit Crawl or that kind of fun, but want to be able to get where we need .
What kind of shocks do you have and why, and what do you recommend...

Yes price is a consideration:chug:....
Love our T-100 and plan it to be a keeper. Funny thing around here many buy typical monroes , they are Guaranteed period, but this truck will eat them before Breakfast is over , at least the standard units.
Thanks,

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,630 Posts
If your looking for a smooth ride, Old Man Emu shocks (and suspensions) are great.
For offroad, Rancho 9000 series adjustables are decent.
Bilsteins are are a good choice too.

Reactions: Farmsteader

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,935 Posts
I too have the KYB Gas-A-Justs, but on my 4WD. They do very well on-road, and seem fine off-road. I got my set for $141 from Amazon, as price was a consideration as well. They are gas pressurized like the ones you posted. I have no complaints so far, but again I am mostly on-road. The general consensus is that Bilstein HDs are very good all around but more expensive.

Luckily, the T100 4x4 shocks are a breeze to change compared to other types of trucks, so it's no biggie to swap them if they get thrashed or don't hold up well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1995 T100
117 Posts
Purchased OEM Monroe shocks...front/rear...very pleased....original shocks had been dealer replaced about 40,000 miles previously. My "T" is a daily driver about 25 miles per day with some offroad/beach use. I paid about $100 for all four...depends on your price range and driving habits....would have purchased Bilstiens but could not justify price for my driving habits...just my opinion. Also check your steering damper....that can also cause problems...mine is a stock OEM replacement also.

·
Registered
280 Posts
First off what do you plan on doing with your rig. Next, do you plan on staying with the upper stem and lower bar or do you plan of converting to both top and lower eye? Ranch makes a great adjustable shock but I have seen and heard a lot of negative comments and things about the shocks. Also procomp has the mx6 adjustable shock same quality as ranchos rxl9000. If anything for adjustable I would go with either walker evans adjustable or fox racing shocks. If you want a reliable great riding shock then you can go with any bilstein shock. I would say their 5150 is a perfect match of price and performance. You will have to by their shock conversion kit though. I have procomp 9000 all around and hate them. they ride rough, give no performance and I am switching them out with bilsteins.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been meaning to do my shocks for a little bit and have them on order. I went with monroe magnum's front and rear as well as the steering shock. I can post pics of the install and write up the installation if anyone would like.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,935 Posts
I have been meaning to do my shocks for a little bit and have them on order. I went with monroe magnum's front and rear as well as the steering shock. I can post pics of the install and write up the installation if anyone would like.
Even though I have new shocks, I think it would be great to have a write-up since I didn't do one when i replaced mine. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.