Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a used Yaris sedan and have a few questions.

The sedan was made from 2007-2011, correct?

Were any Yaris sedans made with manual steering or do they all have power steering?
Are there any years to avoid because of problems with them?
Which years are the most reliable, or are all years equally reliable?
The 2007-2011 base models have no power accessories like power windows, locks, etc., but there was a power upgrade available, correct?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm shopping for a used Yaris sedan and have a few questions.

The sedan was made from 2007-2011, correct?

Were any Yaris sedans made with manual steering or do they all have power steering?
Are there any years to avoid because of problems with them?
Which years are the most reliable, or are all years equally reliable?
The 2007-2011 base models have no power accessories like power windows, locks, etc., but there was a power upgrade available, correct?

Thanks for any replies.
If you want stuff like power windows,locks, etc...you are best off buying a vehicle that already has them. Sure, you could add that stuff but, the trouble and expense is high!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
For a stripped, base, Yaris, pre-2012 is it, since power windows were standard on L [base]. But, power windows are not as unreliable as the 70's/80's.

There's been some early Yaris without power accessories for sale here, and they've sat and sat unsold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello. Owned a 2014 Yaris LE 4 dr Hatchback (bought new in Nov 2013). I chose it because I wanted a 6 feet tall person to be able to sit in the rear seat with zero issues - the 4 door Yaris Hatchback allows this. I am 6 feet tall myself and with the driver’s chair set for me, I could sit in the rear passenger seat directly behind the driver’s chair with room to spare between my knees and the chair’s back.

Drove it for 110,000 km and just traded it in for a 2019 Rav4. While I owned it, I used only one brand of synthetic oil and oil filter. Never took it in for dealer servicing, and it ran fine without problems for the almost 6 years that I owned it. Drove it over the Mountain range by myself, it had lots of power (to my surprise) but when I did one of those drives with family and dog, and the car loaded from stem to stern, it did require a bit more effort up hill for sure.

Averaged 8.2 km per 100 km driving 70% hwy 30% city using 87 octane. Used seafoam additive once a year to keep injectors clean. With winter tires, it drove well in the snow and made it up every hill (I live in town with steep hills. Even with the winter tires in it’s 3rd season of use, it handled well. Never got stuck.

Mine was a great experience. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
keepitkarara
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing