Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 05 camry, i wanted to take it to a shop this week and get it lowered.... any of you guys know of a good place i can goto that can order new struts and TRD/eibach springs and install it for me in one place?

BTW im in Orange county

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
cbra928 said:
i got a 05 camry, i wanted to take it to a shop this week and get it lowered.... any of you guys know of a good place i can goto that can order new struts and TRD/eibach springs and install it for me in one place?

BTW im in Orange county
There is a shop in Anaheim that listed on Ebay to sell and install the Spring Tech Lowering Kit. Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRINGTECH-Lowering-Springs-Kit-TOYOTA-CAMRY-07-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQhashZitem220068590777QQihZ012QQitemZ220068590777QQrdZ1

·
Registered
camry
928 Posts
hey i go to school in at uci, i can help you with the install dude, save money. I recently done my trd spring install with help from a friend. if you want just pm me late

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
^Get him to do it, or do it yourself. Taking it to a shop is a ripoff. Its not that hard to do it yourself.

·
Stock is not an option!
488 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
^Get him to do it, or do it yourself. Taking it to a shop is a ripoff. Its not that hard to do it yourself.
Agreed, you can do it in your driveway with some jackstands and some loaner tools. In San Diego, a lot of auto parts stores will loan you tools if you give them a credit card # to keep you honest about bringing the tools back.:lol: In my case I went to the military base and used their auto hobby shop facilities. I even had my 12 year old son helping me with some of the little while teaching him to use power tools.

·
I Want My MPG
169 Posts
^ ^^ I'd go for lowering it yourself also. I lowered my gen5 with TRD springs myself; just need some jack stands, rent some spring compressors (from autozone, $40 deposit, refunded upon return of equipment), a torque wrench (can rent also), probably a breaker bar, and some sockets. I've never really done anything major to the car before and was reluctant to mess with something important such as suspension, but I was able to walk through it just fine. At the time, I called up a bunch of shops around here in OC and LA and the cheapest labor for installing springs was from a small no-name shop for about $200 and the most expensive is from the toyota dealers (I was quoted around $600-900something).

If you still would rather have a shop do it, there's this place in Stanton:
http://www.autobacsusa.com/
They work with lots of modified cars, so they know what they're working with. The spring install there was about $210. When I was there, they carried Eibach and H&R springs. They'll only install if you purchase the springs from them though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts