Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we have all seen the twm and its 140$ price well i got one in december quality macineing simple instructions but overall i could have done alot more with the 140$ so hears what it comes with the shifter/the nylon bushing removal tool 4 extention bolts (maby 3 threads longer than stock) 4 nuts and quarter inch spacers that fit under the base of the shifter assembly

hears what you do
take out the shifter (duh)
put it in a vice heat it up at the bend and give it MORE BEND as if twards you while sitting
cut an inch (i hope you let it cool off) from the top
re thread
get 4 bolts just longer than stock
get 4 nuts just bigger than the threads to use as spacers or whatever gives it a quarter inch raise
paint
grease the bushings
install (be careful not to lose the shift cable pin it took me an hour to find

the only thing you wont get is the shift linkage on the twm is shorter

i may have missed or forgot somthing so just ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
should have got the 7th gen short shifter. costs 25-30 bucks on ebay, just as effective, slightly taller than the twm but much more worth the money

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea had to tell the lil lady somthing to get me for christmas (she hates the car like im cheeting on her) and i didnt think a 2k suspention setup was in the cards lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
HA HA HA!! I kno the feeling, my girl hates it only for the reason that I work on it all the time! It's a fun hobby for me, just takes a lot of time.. But it's only a matter of time before she gets some small sports car then I'ma get her into pimpin out her car :D

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i mean i spend alot of time and money on my baby i take her out to dinner on long road trips vacation its only natural my GIRLFRIEND lol is gelous:clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts