Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some routine maintenance on my gen3 (oil change, balance & rotation, flat repair.....:rolleyes: ) and figure it's about time to change the air filter on my short ram intake. I got it last summer and I'm still using the Ractive filter that came with it. Do most of you guys change the air filter every 12 months/12k? I'll probably replace it with a K&N of the same size, is this a good idea? And would a heat shield filter do any good (doubtful)? I've searched and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Get a K&N they flow better than any other filter on the market. I wouldn't worry about getting any type of heat shield if it does help at all the gains will be minimal.

·
Registered
1990 celica All-Trac
161 Posts
i just got my filter from trdsource.com, it drops into the stock box. i don't really notice much of a difference but at least i won't have to buy a new filter... just the cleaning solvent lol.

most people around here will tell you to just keep you to keep your stock box, as cone filters take a bit of torque, due to sucking in a little more hot air, specially at stops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts