Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a short ram intake on my 94 4-cyl Camry LE. I know, i know - "Short air intake will only decrease acceleration". i know thats true, but I bought this and wanted to try it out, if i dont like it i can always sell it on eBay.
Couple questions....
When I first hit the gas it certainly has less acceleration, and then at one point (i believe when im changing gears) it rapidly jumps up in acceleration. has anybody noticed that, and is there anything I can do to ease that transition there?

Another Question:
The nipple of the intake pipe - I know I put the hose onto there but where does that hose go to? The only thing on my stock intake pipe was the resonator and the sensor thing (which is now connected to my new intake). Where does the hose run to?

Thanks for all ur help

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
You don't need the additional hose. Plug it up. I have a 96-98 AEM Civic intake in my 94 LE with the extra hose... just plug it up... electrical tape will do :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thats what I heard but wanted to make sure. thanks

anyone have any suggestions for my first question?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You may experience the jump right before shifting... That is your engine hitting the peak in it's power band. This is where your engine is putting down the most hp and torque it can produce. That would explain your increase in speed. And on imports, the peak is usually right before redline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts