Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts
Yes... BTT
I need one as well...
I need a shorty for my parking garage. I hate it when it hits bangs the overhanging pipes.

·
Tennessee
2006 Doublecab 4X4
145 Posts
I just cut mine off and took the rubber end off the antenna of an old hand held motorola radio drilled a 1/8" hole in it and epoxied it on. Worked great, looks good; just took 5 minutes and didn't cost nothing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
bowen1 said:
Has any body tried to put an electric antenna on thier toy?:thumbsup:
I am looking to do it here shortly. Ihave the same issuse with it banging on the garage door.

·
1st time Toyota Owner
141 Posts
Accessdenied said:
Don't go through the car wash with one of those short ones!!! I already made that mistake
Don't keep us in suspense! What happened?!? How would a stubby antenna affect how a car wash operates?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I just got my Stubby Antenna from www.performanceproducts4trucks.com

It is a black 21", which is 11" shorter than the stock one. The 21" is just a couple inches higher than the top of the cab. It's real nice quality. I got it on sale for $18 plus shipping. But you might not want one of these if you like to take your taco through the Swirl-O-Matic car washes. :disappoin The antenna is pretty beefy, and doesn't flex much. This isn't a problem for me, since I always wash our vehicles myself.

I'm pretty sure that I like the look of it. I'll have to see how it looks from different angles and distances. I'm real picky about the details of my taco. ;)

Yes, my truck is wet and dirty because it's raining. :sosad:

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
AlpineJLAudio said:
Wow.

That is definately a beefy antenna you got there!

How did you install it? If it is easy, I will order one tonight!
It can't get much easier. If you can't do it, you need to get your head "jocked" with a baseball bat.

Just unscrew the old one with an adjustable wrench. I put a thin rag on the antenna to keep from scratching it with the wrench.

The antenna I got doesn't have flat spots on it for a wrench. It's totally round at the base. So you just slip the included rubber hose over the antenna base and then use pliers to grip the hose and turn it. It grips and tightens the antenna without scratching it. The base of the antenna fits the trucks' mount real good. Looks like it was made for the truck.

:thumbup:

·
Banned
05 Taco PreRunner
784 Posts
Very nice. I gonna get a short one, but not sure which one yet. Not many different makers of antennas for the Taco. What the thread size anyways? :confused:

·
Go Bills!
Tacoma, 4DR, 2WD
291 Posts
Guys, the short antennas are really neat and look great on the Tacomas. I like the short and beefy look.

BUT, I'm down here in the San Diego area for a meeting -- went to my truck this morning to drive to the meeting -- somebody has already ripped my new antenna off. My truck was parked in the parking lot for a higher-end hotel.

Those Bastards!

It looks good, and I plan to replace it again -- just hope it does not become a magnet for sticky fingers.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just picked mine up from truck outfitters. Not sure if they have an american chain or not. Install was super easy, came with about 4 different thread adapters so it can probably fit any vehicle. I went with the 8" silver.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.