Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just returned home after about 4 months to start up my 93 audi and blow the engine. rather than deal with that, i am donating the car and starting over. i originally decided to go with honda because of the good gas mileage and easy repairs, but i have since come across a 94 pickup dx and am very very interested. it has 115000 miles, and the dealer is selling it for a very good price, but there is a problem. he says the engine runs, but it needs a new head gasket because that is blown. now i haven't seen the truck yet because i'm not home now but i'll see it later on this week. how big of a deal is it to replace the head gasket? i found a kit on ebay that includes bolts for $60. my brother in law is a mechanic and told me he'd help me through it. i've been reading a lot about it and i am worried i'll have to replace the timing chain as well. good news is that i also found a kit for that for $70 on ebay. the pickup does have a 22re by the way. i'm buying the truck because i'm in school and i need something that will run forever, cause i'll be poor for a few years. in the summer i can deff use it for the jobs that i work. one last quick question: what kind of gas mileage can i expect from this thing? it has a tonneau cover and i think that will help, but would a cap help even more?

thanks guys

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great truck, good gas mileage for a truck, little repairs if you take care of the things that need taken care of at the right times. Will outlast your desire to get another car;) . That head gasket might get expensive at a dealership, but if your bro-in-law can take care of it, it will save you a buttload. If you want a reliable, easy on gas, good looking, and decently versatile truck, this is it.

Make sure and ask if the timing chain has been replaced or fixed if you get a chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts