Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Avalon in Silver
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm new here but I need a little help deciding, and hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction as Googling this matter didn't help me at all.

My sister scuffed the right side of my bumper ('07 Avalon in Silver) a few nights ago and this is what it looks like at the moment:

(It's a gallery, as the links weren't working correctly.)
My Main Question:
Would painting over this be necessary as the paint job may not blend in with the rest of the car and because it will start chipping in a year or two? Or have you had a paint job over chipped paint and it's been smooth sailing since?

Any other suggestions (like a paint pen and buffing it in, etc.)?

Let me know. All advice is appreciated.

-AVG

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
OOOOCH.Well first, my sister would have known better to even dream of hitting my ride on accident or not..Second IF it were me I would have to paint it cause i just dont think that will cover with touch pu cause its a larger scuff and u will see the texture of the scuffs PAINT IT they can prolly just blend the corner area as long as they sand it etc u should be good

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,092 Posts
I'd say paint it. A good body shop can blend the paint where it abuts original paint to where its barely noticable. They'll no doubt want to repaint the whole bumper cover.

·
Creole Toys
Avalon
51 Posts
Paint it!!! My wife just scuffed her brand new Venza, and it was just like your scuffs. It cost me only $250 at a body shop. They remove the whole bumber, sand, and painted it in 2 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.