Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Toyota Pickup
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've always wanted to install a remote engine start in my yota! but it looks like its not gonna be an easy job. i mean i put a keyless door entry n that was pretty easy but lookin at the remote start, its look pretty difficult. if ne one has ne idea or can give tips on how to install it would help out alot. o yea n one more should i put SR5 chrome trim around the wheel wells of my yota?

·
Registered
89 Toyota Pickup
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think it would be kool just to have it warmed up for the winter, n all that and plus i wanna also learn how to do it? so i wont be afraid in the future to do it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
surely teh clutch engage safety isnt bypassed, no?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I guess that would be a problem, hadnt thought about not being in the car...duh....

·
Registered
89 Toyota Pickup
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well good thing i dont have a manual tranny, my truck is a 3speed automatic wit O/D. so i dont hafta worry about that. but it would sux that did happened. thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just had a remote start and alarm installed on my 90 truck two days ago. I think it's great! I work nights so I start the truck from across the parking lot to warm it up. Plus it has a kill switch now that doesn't let anyone drive it until I install the key. Otherwise it shuts off.

Unfortunately I can't help you on the install though since one of my friends did it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i put a remote strart in my 93 p/u 5 speed myself and it wasnt that bad it came with a good set of directions and it was a litle hard but i got it. there was no neutral saftey switch so i can start it w/o the clutch in. the only thing is that you cannot leave it in gear....i did it once to see and it just learched and didnt do anything but it could break something. on my remote start i can push the start button again and take the key out (like a turbo timer). so i do that everytime so i def know i left it in neutral. but its def nice on cold mornings!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts