Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Yay to my first needy post*

Here's the story

I currently have a 1993 corolla. It has about 160,xxx miles on it, it runs great. My uncle is giving away his 1993 Camry, but the catch is that it has 250,000 miles on it (he made a LOT of roadtrips), and the engine still sounds great.

I've always been a big fan Camry's, shoot I was actually looking to buy a Camry instead of my current Corolla but my pockets weren't deep enough.

So should I take the Camry and give my brother the Corolla and drive it as long as I can. I could probably see myself replacing the engine or trans because 250,000 is a hell of a lot of miles but its a Toyota so I'm not surprised.

So what do you guys think is it worth it? Any input is much appreciated.:confused:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Take the Camry:D Take care of it and it might last a lot longer:thumbup:

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
I wouldn't do the trade. That's alot of miles on the Camry. Sure it might keep going for a good while longer. However, if it doesn't you're gonna be kicking yourself and possibly have some resentment towards your uncle despite the desicion being at your own will.

The 'rolla is cheaper on gas, cheaper to maintain, cheaper insureance etc...Unless you absolutely need a bigger car, stick with the 'rolla. $0.02.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah decisions decisions.

Thank you for the input guys. I've got some options to weigh.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
if you really want the car, have it thoroughly inspected as if you were buying a car from a stranger. Do a compression and leak down test to gauge the health of the engine. Check fluids for contamination and signs of abnormal wear. Don't let emotions cloud your decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts