Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got a set of 5 TRD wheels and 285/75/16 BFG AT's off my UPS guy. I think they look great! Theres absolutely no rubbing now driving on paved roads etc. It will probably rub off road. My Old Man Emu 883 2.5" lift springs are on the way!

What do you think?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Replaced the silver door handles with black using Tundra door handle assembly & keyhole covers (they are exactly the same parts). Cheap mod for a cost of ~ $50 and better than painting them.

Black out (painted) the corner pads/bumpers wings, inserts on the front and rear bumpers plus the bezel/grille assembly.

Integrated an Eclipse FEC106 sideview camera and the BEC106 backup camera to the Toyota OEM Navigation unit.

Added brackets on the side of the ARB rack and mounted (rubber) QUICKFIST kit for hauling long objects/materials and holders for ax /shovel during off-roading.

Installed Hella Micro DE lights in the back ARB rack.

·
Registered
28 Posts

There is lotsa crap on it.... finaly got the snorkle installed a couple weeks ago... I'm just shopping around for a good deal on a buncha lightforces for the front,sides, underbody and rear for this summer.. its cold as hell outside.. so be happy i snapped the pics (its -20 outside right now :) )

arb roof rack, snorkle, ipf 500's, warn 8000i + snatchblock, hilift, 4" ome effective lift (3" + payload pkg) arb rockrails (not installed due to damaged shipping), full underbody skid, custom cracked windshield, arb bumper all around, 5 cooper stt 33x11.5x17 and jim creek silt everywhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
and BTW, why doesnt toyota install block heaters in they damn trucks anymore? this thing whines for a good 15 minutes when we start it in the morning.

·
Registered
Fj Cruiser, Camry
1 Posts
Black OUT

Just bought the 2008 Deluxe Black PKG
Heres a Pic Of It On the Showroom
-Black out paint
- black/red leather seats
-black Side Bars
-Black rims
-All Black Spare Tire Cover
-Rear lights are tinted
Im luvin this truck
:D:D:D:D

Heres A pic Of it the store lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just bought the 2008 Deluxe Black PKG
Heres a Pic Of It On the Showroom
-Black out paint
- black/red leather seats
-black Side Bars
-Black rims
-All Black Spare Tire Cover
-Rear lights are tinted
Im luvin this truck
:D:D:D:D

Heres A pic Of it the store lol

don't get stuck in vulcanic soil, you'll dissapear

·
Registered
666 Posts
some real nice lookin FJ's in here. What are you guys using (i've seen a few) as the brush guards. I really like the look of them. I've only seen it described as "Brush Guard"?

·
Registered
28 Posts
We use an ARB Bullbar (as in, its designed to hit a bull, move it out of your way, and not damage your truck) a brushgaurd is just that, a brush gaurd, generally not very sturdy, and somthing you wouldnt wanna hit a tree with. Warn and Road armour both make bullbar kits for the FJ, but from my experience ARB does a better job of powdercoating them (i've rusted out a few warn bumpers down by the bay around salt water)

on a side note: its almost spring up here in AK, i can't wait to try out our snorkle!! it will eaither work, which will be awsome for fording boulder creek and metal creek up here, or it won't, which also would be awsome, as then our insurance would total it out and i wouldnt have a $550 pmt each month! (i would of course buy it back and fix it for pennies on the dollar, but thats another story) *sigh*

·
Registered
666 Posts
only reason i was asking was because my aunt lives in Philiadelphia, and there have been a few idiots who have almost messed the hell out of her new FJ ('07, black). just lookin for something a little more protective. she had one on her '86 4 runner and really liked it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Update to my FJ Titanium;

I added a Lucrum winch mount and WARN M8000 winch. I reinstalled the brush guard and attached it to the Lucrum winch mount which made the brush guard really sturdy. Two Firestik antennas were added to the bumper wings as markers.

A supplemental in-dash remote switch to operate the M8000 winch safely from the inside of the FJ.

The added weight in the front made my 2.5" leveling kit negligible.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts