Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Highlandriver
68 Posts
Nice! Looks like the shifter is shorter than the stock one. Where did you get it done? And how much did that cost?

Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked this threat for a while. I think it's an illusion that the shifter is shorter, it's actually a stock one. It's all because of the leather wrap I think... and I did it myself. I wanted to make whole interior in these two tone leather but... no time for it. I do some custom interior job sometimes and plan to open a shop soon so welcome to NorCal if you want to customize your car's interior ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
and I did it myself. I wanted to make whole interior in these two tone leather but... no time for it. I do some custom interior job sometimes and plan to open a shop soon so welcome to NorCal if you want to customize your car's interior ;)
Very talented dude.. you can make some serious $$$$ doing an exchange program.. find a shifter at the junk yard and cover it.. sell it and require them to send their old shifter to you as a "core".. Very nice work man..

·
Highlandriver
68 Posts
Very talented dude.. you can make some serious $$$$ doing an exchange program.. find a shifter at the junk yard and cover it.. sell it and require them to send their old shifter to you as a "core".. Very nice work man..
Thanks, I'm thinking about it. There's a guy I saw on ebay does something similar though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
midnight02 @
i actually don know what lower fascia is this !!

it came wid ma ride as this is a recondition ride from japan !

·
Registered
5 Posts
last week , i have installed a new pair of fog lamp with angel eye nd it got projection too ..

i will change rimZ by next month ( hope so)

neone there to suggest what size should i go for ??
like 18" or 19" or 20 " ?
i got 17" now ..
btw, i do go for off road drive ..
so, i guess 20" wont be a good choice , right ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Member - "New" Highlander

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just bought my first Toyota - a 2003 Highlander on Friday. Here's a couple of pics.
-Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed some people were asking about the sideskirts and front/rear lip for the Toyota Highlander. These parts are actually inported from Japan that were designed for the Toyota Kluger A.K.A. the Toyota Highlander. They have seperate kits for each timeframe of Highlander/Kluger models. They are only lips and not an actual bumper so keep this in mind. If you want to find the pricings for them, here's the website to where you an actually purchase them at. www.newtoyotaparts.com . For instance, I have a 2007 Highlander, base edition with the 2.4L V4 Engine. Since it's an 07, I have 2 seperate kits I can kit, the Aero or the Aero II. Just for my fancy, I will be saving up and getting the Toyota Japan Highlander Sport Aero Kit - $1753.83. The description for it is this:

For your Highlander, genuine Toyota Kluger product,perfect fit and finish. Pre-painted urethane kit includes front lip,side skirts and rear lip, color codes-062,1C0,202,3Q3,596,8P4,8N6

I hope this helps you guys out in wanting to make your Highlanders more unique to your own personal style. There are many different things you an actually do to the Highlander/Kluger which can actually be done through custom body work if you're up to it. And there are lift kits, air suspension, and regular suspension kits for the Highlander as well. This information has actually been out for awhile but it isn't easy searching for the stuff unfortunatly = \

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice Ride Cat5_30! With the Head unit and sub mod I know you upgraded the door speakers even though you have the stock grills. Are those LED courtesy and license lights? If so where did you get? Nice seat covers too! I'm thinking about added Fogs to my 03 HL. Are those stock? Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes all speakers were changed including tweeters.JBL 3-way all around with the JBL 12" 1200 watt sub with enclosed case at the back. As far as the grill the only available were the japanese kluger grills which i didn't really like, so i just bought the grill inserts to fill the gaps. All bulbs around the car changed to LED, only stock bulbs in the vehicle is are in the dash which i plan on changing once i get a chance to take it apart and figure out what size bulb i need. Purchased the LED bulbs from SuperbrightLEDs.com highly recommended site. Yes FOG lights are a stock set up, they weren't on my vehicle when i purchased the HL had to install them myself after i got the lights from the dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's cool to see some modified highlanders, I thought I was the only one until I came here lol. Usually just see mom's driving them around.

Anyway here's my car. I haven't done anything besides audio upgrades for the most part.

Here's what's on it:
- 4% tint in the back
- High output Alt from Excessive Amperage, 200A
- Optima Yellowtop up front and two Genesis batteries in the back
- Two runs of 1/0 awg going front to back
- CDT audio tweeters, 4" mids, 6.5" midbass
- 2 15" Fi BL subs in a ported box built by me, 8ft^3 @ 33Hz
- Kicker and Powerbass amp for the speakers up front
- Audioque 2200D for the subs
- Clarion active crossver
- JVC headunit
- Sound deadener throughout
- Viper alarm with remote start

Right now it's about 1500Wrms because the guy who sold me the subs told me they were a different impedance. When I get new ones i'll be around 2500Wrms. There aren't any speakers in the back btw, no need for that nonsense :D

Not much to look at...

Bass knob in the change holder = stealth

Voltage meter where glasses go = super stealth

6.5" is in stock location btw

Amp are under back seats

Mah batts

I had to leave the spare in a more accesible place

Box covered in truck bedliner lookin' sweet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is my '03

Hi,

Thanks for having a place in the forum to post pictures of our HL.

Mine is not new, but has been taken very care of. I just recently acquired it.

It is a '03 limited and has 83,000 on it. It is in great shape and I really enjoy the vehicle.

I just recently added after market fog lights (Have dense fog in my area as I am near the ocean)... so found an aftermarket company and for a total of $100 have great fog lights. I used one of the unused black switch plate covers steering column on the left to place the aftermarket switch. With a heated exacto knife I very neatly cut a perfect square inside the factory cap and placed the after market switch in the center. It still looks factory, and saved me tons of money having to buy the parts to convert using factory equipment. I actually like the fact the fog's I added can be controlled independently from the rest of the lighting system. (This is not for everyone's taste but it works fine for me)... and allot less $$$$$

(fog light picture)http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb473/mikecoder3/DSC00610.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb473/mikecoder3/DSC00611.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Member to the Club

2002 Toyota Highlander V6 Limited 2WD

Just picked up my new daily this past Christmas.
It was either this or the Acura MDX, so far I've made a good decision.

Planning to take this everywhere, so mind as well do a little touch up.

Not much so far, so here are some pics.

2nd pic: 235/65/R17 Goodyear Assurance ComforTred

This last pic... I rep the Boston Celtics and I live in Cali, LA!

I'm still waiting on my Front Sports Grille and the Kluger grill along with the side step bars... Slap some kicks and a system and BAM, I think I'll be done.

Also currently driving:
93' Mazda Rx-7 FD3S(Fujita aerokit)
01' Lexus LS430(Junction Produce Kit)
92' Toyota Supra MKIII

·
Highlandriver
68 Posts
Hi everybody. Haven't been here for a while. Just got back to forum and brought some pictures to show the changes my car had.

Running boards

Closeup

New Custom Leather Interior

41 - 60 of 191 Posts
About this Discussion
190 Replies
86 Participants
Firsthighlander
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing