Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey, just had the wifes HighLander wheels powdercoated black, looks are completely changed and kept stock rims which are very expensive.
Her car is white with blacked out windows.
You should have made them put the weights inside, looks cleaner.
NSF
It reminds me of the car from Jurassic Park 2! :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
The black one I meant.. The white looks good too.

·
Take off, eh!
1,430 Posts
I like that you left the lugs untouched. A few have tried to coat those - bad idea. Changes the size.

I think if you really want, you can get black lugs commercially.

Geoff

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like that you left the lugs untouched. A few have tried to coat those - bad idea. Changes the size.

I think if you really want, you can get black lugs commercially.

Geoff
All a matter of taste I guess, I happen to like a little something in the middle of the wheel such as the bright lugs and the silver logo.
as far as the Jurrasic Park comment either thanks or piss off:D one or the other:)
NSF

·
Registered
254 Posts
All a matter of taste I guess, I happen to like a little something in the middle of the wheel such as the bright lugs and the silver logo.
as far as the Jurrasic Park comment either thanks or piss off:D one or the other:)
NSF
haha :lol: it's all good.

You should paint the calipers too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
haha :lol: it's all good.

You should paint the calipers too.
Good sense of humor, as it was intended, I like that:clap: I have become more and more happy with the look. Plus keeping the stock rims are a good idea. As far as the calipers go, I'm too old and lazy for that. Plus this has quenched my thirst for a new Hyundai Sonata, at least for now
NSF

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
05 Limited 3.3L V6
4.2k watts, 300amp alt, 2 optima red tops

Good that you are not in my neighborhood :)
Too much bass thats causes my head to spin :headbang:

How come there aren't any cover to protect the red top terminal? Just worry you might get a short if not being careful.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Theres just a few pics. ive removed the bug deflector off the front as well as the front 2 mud flaps as they had huge holes in them and were an eye sore. I also just installed 4 alpine 6.5" speakers!
shes got 300k on here and still lookin good :)

i hope to put on some running boards soon and maby find a way to clean up them rims.

·
Take off, eh!
1,430 Posts
:thumbsup:

Lookin' amazingly good for 300K. Have you considered... maybe just replacement RIMs (once you factor in your time & cost of whatever product / sandblasting / re-coating, etc)?

I don't mean OEM; thinking after market. so many choices, one is bound to complement the ride... KAL Tire (more of a Western Tire Chain in Canada) has a ++ selection that fit the HL. That's what I did - new rims for summer rubber, old OEM's (flakes & chipped) for Winter, 'cause lets face it, winter is a dirty time of year anyway...

G

·
Registered
17 Posts
Considering you just upgraded your stock system, I have a 4200wrms sub system built for a highlander I'll be looking to sell soon if your interested. AQ35000D.1 and two Fi BTL N2 15" and box fits trunk specs. Currently hits 150dB, but it can easily get louder with a new box and some fine tuning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bought this for my wife a couple days ago. Her Mazda 3 was just too small and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that is driven through the n asty winters we have here.

We picked this 2002 up for just shy of $10k with 126k miles on it. It is very clean, but the hood has some hail damage, which is why we got it for the price we did. I have a buddy that'll take care of it for me. :) Pretty happy with it so far!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Just bought this for my wife a couple days ago. Her Mazda 3 was just too small and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that is driven through the n asty winters we have here.

We picked this 2002 up for just shy of $10k with 126k miles on it. It is very clean, but the hood has some hail damage, which is why we got it for the price we did. I have a buddy that'll take care of it for me. :) Pretty happy with it so far!

Pretty good price, I used to have an 01 FWD 4cyl (actually like it without the center console so I can walk to the rear seat)
Now we have a 07 AWD V6, (surprised to see there isn't much changes since 01).

SHO? How do you like it? I used to like that car (the look, don't know how it drive) way back... the 2nd Gen SHO, not too much (the whole 2nd Gen just looks....)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty good price, I used to have an 01 FWD 4cyl (actually like it without the center console so I can walk to the rear seat)
Now we have a 07 AWD V6, (surprised to see there isn't much changes since 01).

SHO? How do you like it? I used to like that car (the look, don't know how it drive) way back... the 2nd Gen SHO, not too much (the whole 2nd Gen just looks....)
I like the way my '95 SHO (2nd Gen) drives, however, in the 9.5 years I've had it I've changed a few things. I drive it about once every 1-2 weeks in the summer. The two cars in front of my wife's cars are just toys. My daily isn't pictured.

Here is a shot of the engine bay on the SHO. It currently is faster/more powerful than my STi sitting next to it.

81 - 100 of 191 Posts
About this Discussion
190 Replies
86 Participants
Firsthighlander
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing