Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
well I got the HID's off of Amazon for $60 and they were just plug and play so they only took 10 minutes to put in. The Radio is a Kenwood DDX-719 I ordered off of Amazon too. It was $500. It was my first time putting in a new radio so it took about an hour or two to put in. I got a adapter kit for the wiring so I was able to plug in the existing wiring plug to the adapter and then just connect the wires from the adapter to the radio. Fit good but there was a gap on both sides so I ended up having to order a kit off a amazon that filled in the gap. I'm hoping on doing a full HID retrofit this summer.

·
Registered
540 Posts
well I got the HID's off of Amazon for $60 and they were just plug and play so they only took 10 minutes to put in. The Radio is a Kenwood DDX-719 I ordered off of Amazon too. It was $500. It was my first time putting in a new radio so it took about an hour or two to put in. I got a adapter kit for the wiring so I was able to plug in the existing wiring plug to the adapter and then just connect the wires from the adapter to the radio. Fit good but there was a gap on both sides so I ended up having to order a kit off a amazon that filled in the gap. I'm hoping on doing a full HID retrofit this summer.
Why did you install the new headlight housings? What do you mean by a full hid retrofit?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Resident Nutcase
'08 Highlander Limtd
12,151 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
well when I went to get my highlander safety inspected a year ago it didn't pass because there was moister on the inside of the one headlight housing. I was quoted about 400 just to replace the one ! (That was with an OE housing and labor). Found some aftermarket light housings for about 70 online so I replaced the one and then replaced the other one a week or two later when i had more money.

The HID's I have in now are pretty bright and I feel bad sometimes when I'm driving behind people with low cars at night . I've been high beamed a few times too on the highway . Driven past cops couple times (from behind and coming the opposite way) and didin't have any problems so I guess they don't care too much where I'm from. I do like how they look though.

·
Resident Nutcase
'08 Highlander Limtd
12,151 Posts
brighter, but that's because I run mine at a higher wattage (OEM is 35 watts, I run mine at 50-55 watts so ~30-40% more light output)

A pnp and OEM hid system have similar raw outputs, its just the projector handles the light better and spreads it out where its usable...instead of dumping it all right in front of you like pnp's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's our 2005 Limited 4wd......that we will be selling very soon.....to move on up to a van.

Man, this car has been so awesome for us, I hate to see it go!!!!!:facepalm:

·
SC Camry Owner
'17 Camry SE
12 Posts
2007 with a V6, 15% tints on the front windows to match the back, and 20% visor tint. Leather interior with JBL sound system, GTA Car Kit adapter and sunroof.

·
Registered
2006 toyota highland
39 Posts
My 2006 Highlander Hybrid Limited: Has been everything i wanted, fuel efficient, comfortable, awd, and has no trouble passing all the pickups on the way to the cabin
Before Mods:

Chrome door handles and bug deflector:

6000K 55watt AC HID kit lows:

Stopped at Napa and found another white highlander:

Interior:

·
Registered
26 Posts
New to me 2003 HL V6 4 WD 314,000 km

Just want to share my new ride and my first toyota in all my life, always been a Ford and lincoln guy but let see what is going to happen with her, the fuel pump is gone, I already order a new one from Summit so it is on its way.

Here is a picture of her at the shop waiting to get out of there!

[/URL]

[/URL]

I just checked and it is 2001 not 03

·
Registered
01 Highlander V6 4WD
113 Posts
Hi, just feeling strange. Your HL is a V6 4WD, however, the rims belong to an I4. Anything goes wrong here?

·
Registered
26 Posts
shorthand for inline 4, the 2.4L 4 cylinder
I check and the engine is a v6, I will ask the precious owner if he still has the original wheels.
sweeneyp I was looking at your write up for the projector morimoto lights and I want to do it but this was from a year ago, any new type Of set up you can tell me to buy? There is an H1 vs the one you did

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks!

Ivan

·
Registered
01 Highlander V6 4WD
113 Posts
I check and the engine is a v6, I will ask the precious owner if he still has the original wheels.
sweeneyp I was looking at your write up for the projector morimoto lights and I want to do it but this was from a year ago, any new type Of set up you can tell me to buy? There is an H1 vs the one you did

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks!

Ivan
You don't need to check because the label on the cargo door states it very clearly "V6, 4WD", and believe me the wheels are definitely of an I4. V6's wheels should look like the black Highlander above yours. What did the previous owner say about the wheels?

·
Registered
26 Posts
shorthand for inline 4, the 2.4L 4 cylinder
You don't need to check because the label on the cargo door states it very clearly "V6, 4WD", and believe me the wheels are definitely of an I4. V6's wheels should look like the black Highlander above yours. What did the previous owner say about the wheels?
I asked him but He didn't know too much about the car because was his dad before so I haven't been able to ask his dad.
I am waiting on the fuel pump to come from the USA, I order a Carter fuel pump.

I will let you know what the outcome is after I fix it, for sure I will need a bit of help from the pro here! Love the Toyota Nation forum!!

Thanks!

BTW I will find out about the wheels and let you know, I am also curious about it.

141 - 160 of 191 Posts