Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the idea about my side airbags popped into my mind when I was watching TV.
Are my side airbags in the seat or elsewhere? They are just torso bags right?

Did the airbag system have to be checked/serviced every 10 years?

thanks guys, happy new years.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
The side airbag is usually located on the front seat back cushion on the side of the door. Every car that I've seen that has a side airbag there has a tag that says SRS or airbag.

If you have curtain airbags, they are usually in the A and C pillars and there is something on there that says SRS, side airbag, or something indicating there is an airbag there.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.

Our highlander has a tag on the seat and on the pillars.

my Camry however has the SRS Side-Airbag etched into the molding that surrounds the bottom seat cushion right above the power seat buttons.

I would assume it's where you said it was because that part of the seat is very hard. So during deployment it'd rip open my leather seats wouldn't it? that makes me sad...haha

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Like your steering wheel, your seats are already designed so that part will rip when the airbags deploy.

I think during an accident, the last thing on your mind would me "OMG my leather seats are going to rip!" :lol:

See how my steering wheel is torn

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. yeah ive know all about the bags busting things and what not. been to junk yards and seen it all.

haha you'd be surprised at what goes through my head during an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts