Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Toyota-Lexus Fanatic
95 Camry LE
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to it. Took me 2 hours. Well worth it. Realized a few weeks ago when somebody almost hit me, while we were both inching into the same lane. He did not see me getting into his lane.

So today I finally did my side markers for my HL. This is the signals on the side of the car. Pics will follow shortly.

·
Toyota-Lexus Fanatic
95 Camry LE
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pics. Drill and Dremel and of course you have to get the side markers. For connections, the green + black is the tap for the signal lights. The center wire is the ground. Fairly easy DIY. Granting you have cut sheet metal before:

·
Toyota-Lexus Fanatic
95 Camry LE
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I actually have done all my cars with side markers. I will post additional pictures which will detail the DIY.

The challenge is to get a set of markers which are reasonably priced. A good decent set will go for $50 per. Wiring is straightforward.

The HL's access to the signal bulbs is easy. The pigtail on the signals is tight but manageable.

The side markers have this "spring like" feature that allows you to push on 1 side and lock in. In fact all side markers are the same. that's how they are installed.

Pics to follow...

·
Toyota-Lexus Fanatic
95 Camry LE
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a couple of pics, although not HL's but you get the gist and I hope somewhere in all these pictures you will find the courage to cut into your sheet metal.

I was almost hit by another car in my HL when both he and I went to the same lane. He did not see my blinker, hence I said, I need some side marker/signals.

Please feel free to ask questions.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
so most of the blinker light is "push in" and secured by a spring clip on the back. I was thinking you need to get to the back side of the fender to put a washer/nut kind of installation.

So if push in, the key is more like cutting the hole properly :)

·
Toyota-Lexus Fanatic
95 Camry LE
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to take a long while to do my holes, in the HL, I whipped it up in 10 minutes per hole. Now I do have EXTENSIVE experience in cutting holes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.