Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news. The side mirrors for the american camry are actually made to accommodate the turn signals toyota saw fit to give every other country but US.
I was able to use the mirror covers and turn signals of the 2013 Venza on the 2012 Camry. The turn signals have to be wired in as the harness that supplies power to the side mirror has no wires for the turn signals.I had a friend who works at the toyota dealership connect the turn signals so, unfortunately, I cannot give directions on how to do this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That looks nice. Were the Venza mirrors prepainted from the factory? If you do not mind my asking how much the mirrors were?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn signals

That looks nice. Were the Venza mirrors prepainted from the factory? If you do not mind my asking how much the mirrors were?
Note carefully. I did not use the whole mirror of the 2013 Venza. I used only the mirror COVERS. The good news is that the color of my car, barcelona red, is the exact same color used on the 2013 Venza. The Venza side mirror covers are shipped painted, so the seller will need to know the color of your car. Part numbers are as follows -:
Side mirror turn signals -: 81730-52100 and 81740-52050. Not sure which part number applies for left or right side.

Side mirror covers -: Left 87945-0T020-D0. I'm pretty sure the D0 is the colour code so if your car is not red, that portion of the part number will change.
Right side -: 87915-0T020-D0
Google the part numbers and you should get the cost.

·
Toyota Enthusiasts
79 Posts
Note carefully. I did not use the whole mirror of the 2013 Venza. I used only the mirror COVERS. The good news is that the color of my car, barcelona red, is the exact same color used on the 2013 Venza. The Venza side mirror covers are shipped painted, so the seller will need to know the color of your car. Part numbers are as follows -:
Side mirror turn signals -: 81730-52100 and 81740-52050. Not sure which part number applies for left or right side.

Side mirror covers -: Left 87945-0T020-D0. I'm pretty sure the D0 is the colour code so if your car is not red, that portion of the part number will change.
Right side -: 87915-0T020-D0
Google the part numbers and you should get the cost.
I have the same color you have. I just google the part number. Which vender did you use?:clap:

·
Toyota Enthusiasts
79 Posts
I found the parts online, for a total of $110.84. I'm waiting to hear back from them to confirm that the part will come painted.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2012 Camry side mirror turn signals

I found the parts online, for a total of $110.84. I'm waiting to hear back from them to confirm that the part will come painted.:thumbsup:
The cover WILL come painted. I have a friend at a toyota dealership and the covers are listed by colour. The only concern you might have is if your car is a colour the venza does not come in. The camry and the 2013 venza share 6 common colours, Attitude black, barcelona red, cosmic gray, classic silver, magnetic gray and cypress pearl. So if your camry is white, beige (tan) or clearwater blue you may have to buy a black 2013 venza side mirror cover and repaint it.
There is also a connector that should be used to connect the turn signal assembly, but i was unable to find the part number, so i went without it.
As i said previously I did not do the wiring, so I am unable to provide instructions.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Nice on the mirrors. Are those mudflaps on an SE? Thought they didn't make them for an SE?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mud Flaps

Nice on the mirrors. Are those mudflaps on an SE? Thought they didn't make them for an SE?
When you are an ebay junkie like me, you can find anything for anything. Those mudflaps fit the american SE camry, but were actually made for the asian se camry. Perfect fit.
When you do an ebay search, change your ebay search settings to "worldwide".

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
When you are an ebay junkie like me, you can find anything for anything. Those mudflaps fit the american SE camry, but were actually made for the asian se camry. Perfect fit.
When you do an ebay search, change your ebay search settings to "worldwide".
would u mind showing me a link to an ebay auction with your exact ones or ones from the same seller? I searched and found a couple that claim to fit the SE then say about fitting ones without lower ground effects(which I would think is anything but an SE)
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mud flaps

would u mind showing me a link to an ebay auction with your exact ones or ones from the same seller? I searched and found a couple that claim to fit the SE then say about fitting ones without lower ground effects(which I would think is anything but an SE)
Thanks,
Jon
I bought mine here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230821275446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
They took about a month to arrive which the seller claimed was the fault of the postal service.
They are a perfect fit for my car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been mulling this one over myself actually..

So i didn't think to attach another model's plastic sides to the camry, I was actually looking at ordering a pair of side mirrors that were intended for the asian camry :p

I contacted an OMD in china and they were more set up for bulk sales, but were willing to do a single sale to me for 90/pair 75 shipping... :(

Buuut, if I can just get the covers that would be perfect! There is a taiwanese seller on ebay that is pretty responsive to inquiries that sells nicely modded inserts for the side mirrors, courtesy light, drl, and turn signal. Hmm maybe next pay check :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Side mirror turn signal

I have been mulling this one over myself actually..

So i didn't think to attach another model's plastic sides to the camry, I was actually looking at ordering a pair of side mirrors that were intended for the asian camry :p

I contacted an OMD in china and they were more set up for bulk sales, but were willing to do a single sale to me for 90/pair 75 shipping... :(

Buuut, if I can just get the covers that would be perfect! There is a taiwanese seller on ebay that is pretty responsive to inquiries that sells nicely modded inserts for the side mirrors, courtesy light, drl, and turn signal. Hmm maybe next pay check :)
Here is where your dilema would be. The taiwan seller would ship your the mirrors, BUUUUUT, they would not be painted. That would be an additional $50 to get them painted at a local paint shop. The other thing is when you purchase the venza parts you are using actual TOYOTA parts.
Another fact is-: The venza, camry and prius c are all equipped to use the same side mirror turn signal.

·
Toyota Enthusiasts
79 Posts
I bought mine here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230821275446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
They took about a month to arrive which the seller claimed was the fault of the postal service.
They are a perfect fit for my car.
Just brought me a set. You are the MAN. OH I almost forgot to tell you. I want to the dealership yesterday, and they were able to locate the parts just as you stated. However they wanted me to prepay for the parts and they would not be able to install them for me. What BUMS they are. I'll try my buds dealership he always gives me the hook ups.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is where your dilema would be. The taiwan seller would ship your the mirrors, BUUUUUT, they would not be painted. That would be an additional $50 to get them painted at a local paint shop. The other thing is when you purchase the venza parts you are using actual TOYOTA parts.
Another fact is-: The venza, camry and prius c are all equipped to use the same side mirror turn signal.
Well just to clarify, the taiwan seller that does the lights, are actually replacements for the lights in the mirrors, not the mirrors themselves. His/her listing missleads you to think it is both, but after talking to them, it's just the lights to replace the factory lights. So you would still need factory lights to start with.

Now the Chinese ODM didn't comment on color, so i was pretty much planning on having to have the whole mirror sent to me and having to paint it myself, thus why i was gun shy on ordering it in the first place. The better bet is as you said, get the covers for a venza, pop them on the camry, and if i want to upgrade the signal part, do that later.

Updated instructions Post with more info

·
Registered
30 Posts

Prius C you said.......I just check Toyota's website and the Prius C comes in Super White so now I have the option of buying the OEM Toyota part painted straight from the factory. Thanks for the info!!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Side mirror turn signal

Prius C you said.......I just check Toyota's website and the Prius C comes in Super White so now I have the option of buying the OEM Toyota part painted straight from the factory. Thanks for the info!!!!
Whoa there bro! Let me clarify; the prius c uses the same side mirror turn signal ATTACHMENT, meaning the little thing that lights up. However, the side mirror cover is different. I repeat, the prius c side mirror cover will NOT fit the camry! If you really want to add the side signals, just buy the 2013 venza covers in black. Just a thought.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Side mirror turn signal

Well just to clarify, the taiwan seller that does the lights, are actually replacements for the lights in the mirrors, not the mirrors themselves. His/her listing missleads you to think it is both, but after talking to them, it's just the lights to replace the factory lights. So you would still need factory lights to start with.

The better bet is as you said, get the covers for a venza, pop them on the camry, and if i want to upgrade the signal part, do that later.
Not sure if I understand the last part of your post. If you get only the venza cover, when you install them, you will have a big hole where the turn signals would go. Its pretty much an all or nothing job.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Whoa there bro! Let me clarify; the prius c uses the same side mirror turn signal ATTACHMENT, meaning the little thing that lights up. However, the side mirror cover is different. I repeat, the prius c side mirror cover will NOT fit the camry! If you really want to add the side signals, just buy the 2013 venza covers in black. Just a thought.

Thanks for clarifying. On the pictures in Toyota's website the mirror covers on the Prius C look similar to the Camry's, that plus your statement above made me think the parts were interchangeable.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts