Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would like to thank all the contributors to this thread!

I received my MIT accessories lights today. Ordered them Thursday night, got them this morning. I've kinda of amazed since I have never got anything from Asia that quickly before.

They look very nice bench tested, unfortunately they beat the Venza covers I ordered from Sparks Toyota, so I can't install them yet. I am just hoping I jacked the correct VIN # from the internet for the right car/color combo. I am kinda worried about that.

I am also kinda worried about the rear facing turn signal LEDs considering I have BSM. But I am sure it will be fine.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Same here, I got mine in a week but covers from Toyota dealer took two weeks to arrive. Good luck with the installation . Post some pictures when you get done.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Same here, I got mine in a week but covers from Toyota dealer took two weeks to arrive. Good luck with the installation . Post some pictures when you get done.
Ya sure, will post pics.

I would have liked to get chromed mirror covers, but couldn't find that for a 2013 Venza. I had chrome mirrors on an Audi I used to have. Thought it looked good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
So after having a coworker bet me $20 that I get a ticket within 6 weeks of installing the MIT lights, I went ahead and ordered an OEM DRL switch so I can turn on and off the pilot lights. Aparently in Illinois it is illegal to have more than 4 clear forward facing lights on at the same time. I am going to tie the pilot lights to switched power, so they will always come on when the car is in ready/run mode. But I am going to run through the DRL switch so I can turn them off if I am using my fog lights. Probably over board, but the cops in my area are pretty strict and I want that $20... lol

Oh, and for anyone interested I did find actual 12-13 Camry mirror covers in chrome. Link
No 2013 Venza chrome covers yet however.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well that sucked monkey butt!

It wasn't the work, it was the heat/humidity. I changed my shirt twice during this fairly straightforward install.

3 lessons learned to add to this thread.

With the MIT lights:
1: The wire harnesses are different lengths. I did not notice this until I had the passenger door buttoned up already. So I had to extend the harness from the passenger door to the drivers side using wire leftover from the driver door. *sigh* :headbang:

2: The Passenger door light clicked into place and seated firmly. However I had to use 3M tape on the driver door as it wouldn't get that positive latch in like the other side.

3: Have extra trim clips before you start. I broke 3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks

Got an email back from Kevin McCoy of Dick Dyer Toyota.

It's going to be about $180 shipped.

here is his info:
[email protected]

Part numbers:

81730-52100
81740-52050
87945-0T020-C0
87915-0T020-C0
82998-24290

This is for attitude black.

-Anthony
Thanks for the info and parts number I actually went to the toyota dealer and price range is the same I just have one question, do the covers just fit in place where the old covers where, is the actual mirror the same, would I keep the existing mirror/glass? I hope this makes sense.

thank you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
OK, so I know one of you have the answer for this.

I originally had my MIT courtesy lights connected to the door puddle lamp. But I would like to wire the MIT mirror courtesy lights into the interior dome light so they come on when I unlock my car, not just when the door is open. I was told that the dome light is in white 40 pin connector 3B, Pin #35 a light green wire. However I have a 3rd fuse box in my TCH that I haven't seen in any of the posted diagrams here. And I can't find a light green wire that is energized when the dome light is illuminated or off.

Can someone point me to the correct pin out?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
68 Posts
Look for the camry illuminated door sills installation PDF. I got it, it goes connected to those wires. If not let me know and I'll send the diagram of it since I got all of them and schematics.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
320 Posts
Look for the camry illuminated door sills installation PDF. I got it, it goes connected to those wires. If not let me know and I'll send the diagram of it since I got all of them and schematics.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I just downloaded and read it. This is basically what I already have done. This connection only energizes when the door is open. It isn't an energized connection from the main interior dome circuit. The domes come on when the car is unlocked and then fade off when you lock or start the car. This is what I am looking to do.

What I have found on this topic is that the dome connection comes from the body emu and can be tapped at connector IS1. Problem with this is, the connector is in the a pillar and I don't feel like getting that close to an airbag. Also found out that the Camry switches to ground for the domes. So I would have to wire in a relay to accomplish what I would like to do.

Lockdown.... how did you wire your floor lighting? To the door circuit like the sills and puddle lamps, or did you wire up a relay?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So after having a coworker bet me $20 that I get a ticket within 6 weeks of installing the MIT lights, I went ahead and ordered an OEM DRL switch so I can turn on and off the pilot lights. Aparently in Illinois it is illegal to have more than 4 clear forward facing lights on at the same time. I am going to tie the pilot lights to switched power, so they will always come on when the car is in ready/run mode. But I am going to run through the DRL switch so I can turn them off if I am using my fog lights. Probably over board, but the cops in my area are pretty strict and I want that $20... lol

hey I was wondering where did you buy the DRL switch. Im waiting for my parts to come in but i would really like to have an independent swtich to turn them off and on when ever I like. Could you provide a link to where you bought them please. Or does anyone else know where I can buy one.

·
Registered
320 Posts

hey I was wondering where did you buy the DRL switch. Im waiting for my parts to come in but i would really like to have an independent swtich to turn them off and on when ever I like. Could you provide a link to where you bought them please. Or does anyone else know where I can buy one.
I got it from MIT Accessories on eBay... same place I got my Toyota Aurion mirror lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111044101738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121042064521?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello everyone. I hate to ask, but I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff and I really need some help. If someone could please verify if I have all the right parts I need. I'm getting my turn signals put on this week but I want to make sure I have all the parts I need to get this mod done. I went back and forth through this whole thread many times, and I'm still confused on a few things smh. I should state that I'm going with the aftermarket signals. Anyways this is what I have so far.
-Venza side mirror covers
-aftermarket turn signals
-82998-24290 terminal pins
-extra wires
-drl switch
That's all I have so far. I read some where about an inline fuse and wire harness. I just want to make sure I have everything I need. Getting it done this Thursday so I really want to know by then in case i need to cancel or buy a couple more things. :help:

181 - 200 of 319 Posts
About this Discussion
318 Replies
80 Participants
Kyle1990
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing