Toyota Nation Forum banner

201 - 220 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hello everyone. I hate to ask, but I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff and I really need some help. If someone could please verify if I have all the right parts I need. I'm getting my turn signals put on this week but I want to make sure I have all the parts I need to get this mod done. I went back and forth through this whole thread many times, and I'm still confused on a few things smh. I should state that I'm going with the aftermarket signals. Anyways this is what I have so far.
-Venza side mirror covers
-aftermarket turn signals
-82998-24290 terminal pins
-extra wires
-drl switch
That's all I have so far. I read some where about an inline fuse and wire harness. I just want to make sure I have everything I need. Getting it done this Thursday so I really want to know by then in case i need to cancel or buy a couple more things. :help:
You might want to buy a few door panel trim clips, I broke a couple and they are not expensive.

Also, some 3M body and trim tape might come in handy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks. I got them from McDonnough Toyota online store. I have the blizzard pearl not the super white.

·
Another Camry...
686 Posts
Yea I saw the one poster earlier in this thread who said he/she got the four parts for $100 and was hoping to get a deal like that. So far the cheapest Ive found before shipping and possibly tax is $120.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yea I saw the one poster earlier in this thread who said he/she got the four parts for $100 and was hoping to get a deal like that. So far the cheapest Ive found before shipping and possibly tax is $120.
I paid $132 including s/h

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I'm pretty sure the 2014 corolla S uses the same cover and turn signals. Good for those who have white camrys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey guys. so i got the MIT signals. i have searched this post about it, i notice you guys are tapping your courtesy light into the bottom light at the door. but what i want to do is tap into the interior lighting so when that turns on (when you unlock the car) the courtesy light also turns on.

any idea which wire it is on the instrument panel?

any help is appreciated. thanks guys.

·
Registered
543 Posts
hey guys. so i got the MIT signals. i have searched this post about it, i notice you guys are tapping your courtesy light into the bottom light at the door. but what i want to do is tap into the interior lighting so when that turns on (when you unlock the car) the courtesy light also turns on.

any idea which wire it is on the instrument panel?

any help is appreciated. thanks guys.
Its not in the instrument panel, it is located in the drivers side A-pillar. I had to tap into these to do my exterior handle lights. There is a harness just behind the plastic trim. Yes, there is an air bag behind there but you will not mess with that harness so don't worry. I will tell you these as the harness lays there untouched. The negative goes to the second wire from the bottom on the left and the positive goes to the top right corner wire.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its not in the instrument panel, it is located in the drivers side A-pillar. I had to tap into these to do my exterior handle lights. There is a harness just behind the plastic trim. Yes, there is an air bag behind there but you will not mess with that harness so don't worry. I will tell you these as the harness lays there untouched. The negative goes to the second wire from the bottom on the left and the positive goes to the top right corner wire.
are u talking about the 3b 40-pin white socket? (I don't know which socket is which. how would I know? ) so which wire did you tap into? how did you know which one?

I'm doing this in a few hours. hope you get this soon... thank you

·
Registered
543 Posts
are u talking about the 3b 40-pin white socket? (I don't know which socket is which. how would I know? ) so which wire did you tap into? how did you know which one?

I'm doing this in a few hours. hope you get this soon... thank you
The 3b is by your feet. The harness I am talking about is in the a-pillar. It is the only harness in there.

201 - 220 of 319 Posts