Toyota Nation Forum banner

301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks - I had been considering those ones. How was the color matching? I guess super white might be easier to match than Blizzard Pearl, which is the color I've got.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It is possible but not easy to do it this way. The simple way and what almost everyone does is mirror led only turn on as a blinker. I do remember a guy in Puerto Rico from rav4world set them up as dtrl as well but that involved relays and diodes probably not the way to go if you don't want to get to involved but look it up over there it is possible.

Hey everyone - I'm kinda new around here, so hello!

A few weeks ago I bought a 2012 Camry XLE. I want to do this mod. I get everything except for the wiring. I tried reading through the posts, but the combination of knowing nothing about wiring and the workflow of the site makes it hard for me to find the answer for myself.
Here is what I am going to do. My dad works in the body shop at my local dealership (Green's in Lexington KY) incase we've got any local folks around here.

I am going to have him order: http://imgur.com/gallery/rrOgg08

My question is about the wiring though. I want: Headlights on = mirror lights on. If headlights are off, when i switch my turn signal I want that light to blink. Headlights on and turn signal, the mirror lights are already on - just start flashing, then go back to being on.

I need you wonderful people to tell me how that is possible. Please!? :)

Thanks guys!
- Doug

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd be open to trying it but I can't find the part number.. I looked and the only one I can find is just the stander mirror glass without the blind spot portion.. Does anyone know the part number for the one with the blind spot mirror / "spotter" ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does any one know the paint code number for '14 Creme Brûlée Mica? I need to order a bottle of touch up for a scratch I caused.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I attempted to do an install today but the ebay seller, MIT accessories, sent me the wrong housing. This was after taking out the door panel so I am pretty ticked off. So learn from my mistakes and make sure everything fits before starting.

I also found a few good youtube videos of the door panel removal process

On a side note. Is the bolt near the door light http://imgur.com/l44gcUr a good ground point? The bolt with the white wires running to it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Anyone confirm fitment on 15-16 camrys, everyone happy with paint match more specifically blizzard pearl. Appreciate all feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks, I placed order with ebay vendor painted covers. I hope it is shorter than the 1-2 month estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Received my mirrors, took about 2 weeks, nice paint match. Fitment on the sides and bottom are nice and tight like the covers from the factory, the top has a slight gap approximately 1mm between cover front edge of black frame of mirror housing. The top clips are fully seated and just can't come and further forward since the sides are flush to the mirror housing already.

I ran the wires through the doors and into the interior of the car a deal now just need to run the passenger side wire over to the driver's side. Any tips on how to pass behind or under center of dash(radio) or is pretty obvious once I'm in there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Received my mirrors, took about 2 weeks, nice paint match. Fitment on the sides and bottom are nice and tight like the covers from the factory, the top has a slight gap approximately 1mm between cover front edge of black frame of mirror housing. The top clips are fully seated and just can't come and further forward since the sides are flush to the mirror housing already.

I ran the wires through the doors and into the interior of the car a deal now just need to run the passenger side wire over to the driver's side. Any tips on how to pass behind or under center of dash(radio) or is pretty obvious once I'm in there?

You may have to remove the radio unit to get better access to the wires. There are a few youtube videos on how to do this and you can also look in the aftermarket backup camera thread.

As for my mirror housings, I received the correct Camry housings from the ebay seller last week. However the housings are poorly manufactured and would not snap in place (resulting in a bottom clip to break off). I measured the top tabs and the middle top one was about 5 cm off from the OEM ones. After breaking off the middle clip and a random rectangle on the bottom, the housings fit better. I don't have any confidence water tightness of the ebay housings so I bought OEM Venza housings. The Venza housings are MUCH better quality, have more clips than the ebay ones, and you can use the same lights from the ebay package.

I'm going for a third install attempt in a few weeks. If it is not too much trouble, could you post a few pictures of the passenger side wiring when you do your install?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your issues, I guess I should be grateful for as good as mine fit. If I decide to do my wife's Camry I will just buy the parts from the dealer. I actually finished the install yesterday, the passenger side was not bad, I popped out the cabin filter access panel in the glove box, I was able to grab the wire from the kick panel and route it to center console area and was able to cross the center console right in front of the gear shifter using electrical snake from there I ran it up under the driver's side of the dash and over to dash fuse panel. While overall the entire install wasn't that difficult this was nothing compared installing the signals and running the wires through the doors.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mirror Signals Installed - Help Find Connection Location

2105 Camry XLE
I have everything done except I can't find where to connect the wires from each signal.
Here is a photo of my driver side kick panel connectors.
Do I pick up the turn signals here?
My connector location doesn't look like the photo in the tutorial.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wrong location, not the connectors on the kick panel. Look up under the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've gone through this thread and maybe I missed it, but what size fuse did you use?
I was thinking 3, 4, or 5. Im guessing it doesnt need to be very much.

I went with these lights: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2xFor-Toyota-Camry-Corolla-Yaris-Vios-Dynamic-LED-Turn-Signal-Lights-Side-Mirror/123832827550?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I will probably just cut the connector off and butt connect my own line to it since I'm not sure what that connector is.

I could also only find carbon fiber covers for a decent price (where i live). My camry is "attitude black" so maybe it will look okay?

If it looks stupid, I will see if I can find the matching paint or maybe just gloss black.

301 - 319 of 319 Posts