Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Had a chance to look at a 2013 avalon. It appears that mirrors the same specs of the 2013 venza side mirrors are used on the avalon. Trouble is, the avalon is not available in super white.

·
Registered
128 Posts
anybody have blind spot monitoring that has attempted this mod?
The BSM system is actually just a light in the mirror, the radar sits in your bumper, left and right quarter panels. Useful info for you to know: if you ever get tapped or hit in the rear-sides, your BSM could seriously start to malfunction apparently. It's all in the manual :)

Outside of it being ever so slightly snugger to run the wires through the door, you should be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice, the fact the we don't have to change the mirrors saves alot of money. Unfortunately I can't find a Toyota dealership in Toronto that will even consider "retrofitting" parts from one vehicle to another. Also I was quoted parts alone to Canada are $300 :O

·
Registered
19 Posts
Someone had posted an online site where the parts came to almost what I paid. Fortunately I have a friend that works for Toyota. They wouldn't install the parts either but I also have a friend who owns an audio shop in town. It took him about 20 mins to install.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Someone had posted an online site where the parts came to almost what I paid. Fortunately I have a friend that works for Toyota. They wouldn't install the parts either but I also have a friend who owns an audio shop in town. It took him about 20 mins to install.

That' not bad. I need to find the part number for the Blizzard Pearl mirror covers.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was reading through the 6 pages and people were throwing up different price quotes. I seen where you can get it from. Just wondering what other people are recommending. I work for Ed Martin Honda we have a Toyota dealer under Ed Martin so i was going to call my Toyota dealer tomorrow and see what my employee pricing is. I also went to www.toyotapartszone.com and for everything I got $175 shipped. So basically same price.

61 - 80 of 319 Posts
About this Discussion
318 Replies
80 Participants
Kyle1990
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing