Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you Rican03! If you are really having trouble getting started with the cover removal, you can try to push the (2) tabs on the mirror first, remove the mirror from the housing, and then you will have clear and easy access to the cover tabs.

I have read of people pressing up on the tabs and then putting in a dime or a screw to keep them pressed up, I personally used my trim removal tools to get started, and once you get one edge up it's easy to keep going from there.

I updated the instruction post with your contribution :thanks:
First of all..thanks for the great write up. I am going to take your route as the lights from MIT does have a multi-functionality. If I am going to go through the trouble of pretty much opening up the entire dash..might as well go for it all.

Anyways one question though. Is your mirror cover from the Venza or did you get an aftermarket cover? If its answered..I must have missed it! Let me know if there is any quirks in the install that I need to look out for(as you mentioned you had to modify something to fit). Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got mine done last week. I got you guys a easiest way to take the covers off. First, you push from the bottom of it inward. Then, you grab your plastic tool trim remover and slide it on the top side of the mirror and press it upward to unclip the top part of the mirror. Then, you push the cover clips withand easy way to get hold of them. I got pics

·
Registered
68 Posts
Push it in on the bottom part, like this

Then, put the plastic trim tool removal like on the picture and press upward or away from you, so the mirror can unclip from the base.
NOTE: This only works with mirror that doesn't fold or unfold with an actuator. Only manual folding mirrors.

It should look like this 2 pics...

After install of signal lights and new Venza covers, just push the top part of the mirror in until you here the clips engaged.

This way you get to the top clips of the cover with an easy way to push them out from the top first, then you slide the plastic trim tool removal around the cover and it will slide out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
does anyone have a alternative part to using the factory Toyota terminal points ? ive been trying to find some and haven't had any luck ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Turn signal mirror connection

can someone tell me which wire I have to connect my running light wire to? I purchased the signal from MIT on ebay. Just like the one lockdown have. I do not want the light to come ON when I turn the low beam ON, Instead I would like to have the light come ON when I use the DRL ( third option on the light switch) the switch have DRL OFF, and then auto, then the picture of a light. If someone can help me ,it will be a great help.
Thanks

·
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I followed your instructions to do mine and it was a great help, I need some help with the wiring , I have the lights from MIT , I connected the courtesy wire to the light on the door and it turns ON but does not turn OFF when I close the door. Do you know why? and also what type of fuse should I use. since you are the one that has more knowledge about this stuff. Your info will greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Finally got it all done.

Thanks to all the posts on this subject , it was a great help and I will post some pics later today.
Thanks lockdown for all your help.

I connected my courtesy wire from the MIT signal to the door lights(couretesylight on the bottom of the left and right front doors.
Negative (black wire) to the ground on the front door.
I only had to run two wires through the door to the inside ( blue and red), the hardest part was running the wire inside on the driver side.
I connected the turn signal wire (red) to the green(right side) and yellow (left side) wire under the steering wheel.
I connected the DRL wire (blue) to the pink wire under the steering wheel.(rear running lights and installed 5 amp fuses on all conections).
It took me almost 4 hrs to finish the whole project.
Everthing works great and looks good.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Finally got it all done.

Thanks to all the posts on this subject , it was a great help and I will post some pics later today.
Thanks lockdown for all your help.

I connected my courtesy wire from the MIT signal to the door lights(couretesylight on the bottom of the left and right front doors.
Negative (black wire) to the ground on the front door.
I only had to run two wires through the door to the inside ( blue and red), the hardest part was running the wire inside on the driver side.
I connected the turn signal wire (red) to the green(right side) and yellow (left side) wire under the steering wheel.
I connected the DRL wire (blue) to the pink wire under the steering wheel.(rear running lights and installed 5 amp fuses on all conections).
It took me almost 4 hrs to finish the whole project.
Everthing works great and looks good.
Post some pictures.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I will have some pictures by tonight, I want to take it at night to get the full effect, I couldnt get it yesturday.

161 - 180 of 319 Posts