Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the HID headlights on the new Sienna? They are pointed too low and do not illuminate very far ahead of the vehicle. I had the same problem on my E-Class and was able to correct it with a few turns of the screwdriver. I have looked but cannot see where (if any) adjustment screws are located.

I was hoping to save a trip to the dealer.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Doesn't Sienna = Van??

HID's on a van?

This thread is useless w/o pics :D

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Sienna XLE has the HID as an option (its a reflector HID's like the IS and ES). I think the adjustments should be near the rear of the headlights (doh!!). but then again, talk to a dealership, they do adjustments in the first three years for FREE!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks to everyone for their insults. Now, can anyone provide some helpful information? It seems like the whole assembly should need to move since they are not projector-type lights but I can't find anything to adjust.

I'm trying to avoid a trip to the dealer.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
This is what i found out - there seems to be a headlight adjuster next to the steering wheel. Its a roller/wheel type adjuster from 0 to 5 (0 being neutral, and 5 being down about 5 degrees). Not just adjusting the brightness inside but the beam pattern..I'm not sure if this is on all models or just w/ reflector HID's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jhbhatia,

Thanks for your reply. Sure enough ours was set at 5. I had not known what that dial was for but now I do.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts