Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody besides me not satisfied with the sound of the "JBL" sound system in the 2004 Sienna? I just had my radio replaced (since the radio sounded really awful and cd's and tapes were just OK).

If you have done something about it...what?

Does anyone know where (on-line) I can find the correct speaker sizes for the XLE edition so I can look i into an upgrade?

Any comments would be very helpful, thanks!

Steve in Raleigh, NC

[email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sienna JBL speakers

Hi Cam2X...etc,

I have found (I think this is true) that my JBL system has a power amp behind the glove box.

What I am not sure of is this... there are speakers in the doors, a couple of tweeters in the front doors, and a sub woofer in the back... If I replace the speaker in the front doors (they are 6x9) will I get the full sound frequency? (meaning ... is there a crossover built into the amp...or where is it?)

Do you know of a good way to find out short of taking the door apart and trying another speaker? I want to invest in some good speakers since i think the system is OK but the speakers are not doing it justice....

Or I could just get a killer amp and speakers...but then I sacrifice the surround sound I think? (maybe I don't care).

Basically, do you know where I can get more info on what is really in there? Like a system diagram?

thanks,

Steve

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
To get a really good sounding system you're going to want to ditch all the factory stuff, you can leave in the back speakers and run them off the new headunit if you want but you're better off replacing those as well if possible. Focus on the front sound stage. I belive the factory speakers use an inline crossover to block the highs to the mibbass and vise versa for the tweeters.

What is you overall budget for everything and I'll try to help point you in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts