Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to buy a 2006 Sienna (eagerly!) and am looking at a 2006 LE. The odd thing is that it has steel wheels and rear drum brakes. I looked at Toyota specs, and the LE is supposed to come standard with alloy wheels and rear discs as STANDARD. How can this be? Should I run away from this used car? It has the LE badge on it as well as the nicer gauges etc. So it must be an LE. Here is the link if you want to see the pics: http://tinyurl.com/cmjt4v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, the brochure I was looking at for the 2006 Toyota Sienna was from Toyota Canada. Hmmmm...so maybe this LE is legit then. It definitely is from the US as it has the gauges in MPH! No big deal then. For some reason there seems to be A LOT of used US Siennas up here for sale at dealerships. Any reason why?

·
Registered
242 Posts
rear durm brakes had a lot of problems with noise.

ask me how i know, I thought that toyota changed the van rear brakes in 04 to disc to get away from the noise problem.

brakes were safe, just made a high pitch squealing noise, blow dust out and clean them and they were good for a few weeks, then back to squealing.

get one with rear disc brakes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah yes, the brochure I was looking at for the 2006 Toyota Sienna was from Toyota Canada. Hmmmm...so maybe this LE is legit then. It definitely is from the US as it has the gauges in MPH! No big deal then. For some reason there seems to be A LOT of used US Siennas up here for sale at dealerships. Any reason why?

samething here in quebec, a lots of LE available but they are not Canadian LE , its deceiving, an american LE is very similar to a Candaian CE.

I've also looked at them and they are cheaper but once again you have for what you pay for . good week end

1 - 5 of 5 Posts