Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just modded and installed my 9005 Silverstars into the low-beams of my gen5, but now my headlights are out of alignment. (left beam is lower than the right beam). I need to know how to adjust these lights on my Cam as well as the lighting pattern to use.

Thanks for your help

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
If it's not in the manual you can go to autozone.com and go to the repair and maintenance section. That'll should show you how to align your headlights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The left headlight beam should be a bit lower than the right to reduce glare for oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i have the same problem on my 96 camry, the stock bulbs were pathetic, so i found some nice 7000k xenon light bulbs on ebay for 30$. and they light the road perfectly, except the front left headlight is hanging down, and towards the right, right where the right headlight is directing light at, so technicaly, i can see 10ft of the road, and the right is fine. i tried making it turn to the left, but the plastic tip broke off, on both sides :eek: :eek:

any idears?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked through the owner's manual as well as the autozone.com website and found there is no information on the adjustment of the gen5 headlights. Any advice would be helpful.

THX

·
Current title:
253 Posts
on the gen3 there are 2 knobs
1 to adjust the height of the beam the other to shift left to right

look around ur headlamp assembly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you should not need to adjust the headlights on gen5, as long as you locked in the bulb they're automatically back to where they were, I've switched the bulbs at least 3 times with no need with the adjustments

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
I have a Gen 3 and did order all four Sylvania Silverstar replacements (low/high) and am waiting to receive them. With that said, how do you adjust the headlight? I mean, I just would like to know IN CASE i happen to run into the same thing. Though, I doubt it 'cuz it's plug and play. But, better safe then sorry.

The book says tell your Toyo Dealership. I'mma take a wild guess but I doubt they'll do it for free outta the goodness of their heart:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts