Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
omg jdm
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 days ago one of my low beams blew out. Highs still worked fine. Well last night my other low beam turned purple and blew out.

So... I guess that's their life span. I've had them a year, and used the car half a year. Kinda sucky as they are like $22 a piece.

Anyone else have input?

G

·
well I went through 3 sets in 2 years in a honda CRX. I figured it was because of the suspension that it was just to bumpy thats why they were blowing. I have had them in a Honda CRV (all stock) for two years now and no problems what so ever. Maybe its just cars with modded suspension that the silverstars cant handle.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
ghost_ryder35 said:
well I went through 3 sets in 2 years in a honda CRX. I figured it was because of the suspension that it was just to bumpy thats why they were blowing. I have had them in a Honda CRV (all stock) for two years now and no problems what so ever. Maybe its just cars with modded suspension that the silverstars cant handle.
I think you arw right. Vibration will kill light bulbs.
I have had a set in my Camry for about three years now and no problem. I just put a set in my Tercel about four months ago.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
mine died at the same time within a year of purchase.

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,942 Posts
Miserable luck with the Silverstar generic-wannabe-HIDs (can't recall their name for the life of me), had two bulbs blow within a couple weeks on the stock suspension....the Xtravision bulbs, though, were still going strong a year+ after installation.
th
Seconded recommendation on the Nighthawks for price and brightness, no clue on longevity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts