Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys we have a 2007 toyota camry se and im thinking of adding a single sub.. and keeping the stock head unit...first question is how can i get RCA's ? i think i have the buy that line out converter device right? I connect them to my rear speaker + and - and connect the rca to my amp? and if i do connect the wires from my rca will the speakers get less power?

also if i use my stock head unit my main concerin is ...the remote wire! :eek: ill have to find out how to take the head unit out but how do i know which wire is the remote wire or how did you guys hook up your remote wire ...

anyways i hope someone can help me out :cool:
and thanks in adave....

p.s i did try the search function

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
Yes, Line out converter. Take the radio out, use a test light or DMM to find a wire that gets 12v with ignition on, and 0v with ignition off.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ ill try that but anyone here know how to get the radio off ? i dont want to wreck it quite yet :lol:

off topic but the new camrys are sooooo sweet im jealous i only have the gen5

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Yup the test light will be your freind and yes you need a line out converter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just went through this.
You don't have to take out your deck, you can tap the wires for the rca line out converter at the rear speakers. As far as the remote wire you can get what they call a piggy back fuse. It is a fuse with a wire hanging out, you plug the fuse into something that comes on when the car comes on (I used the radio) and crinp the remote wire to the one hanging out of the fuse. You can run the power cable through the large harness gromet on the passenger side of the fire wall, it will go through to just behind the glove box. If you haven't done it by now, I will be able to take pics if you want.
Good luck.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ yes please pictures will help just because i want to make sure what im doing before i mess around with a brand new car :eek: how is the quality of the subwoofer using a LOC ? does the LOC effect how the rear speakers sound ? considering your using the wires from the speaker

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here are some pics (I haven't got a very steady hand but you can still make out the pics).
This is the line out converter which you can get from Crappy tire or any sterio shop for about $25.

It has a left + & - and a right + & - and an output for the rca's.
This is where I connected it to the rear speaker wires with piggy back connectors (you can get from Crappy Tire)

This is the fuse connector also from Crappy Tire ($10). Its kinda blury but its just a fues that you can put two fuses in. Pull the one from the radio fuse and put in a 3.5 fuse for the remote wire. The red wire is the part of the fuse that crimps on to the remote wire.

This is how it plugs into the fuse panel. This method is new car warranty safe.

This is under the hood where the power wire goes through the fire wall. (No drilling required)

and this is my finished result, I still have to tuck in the wires.

I hope this helps you out, and sorry for the crappy pics.
If you have a Princess Auto near you you can get an apm wiring kit for $28 (just the wires and main power fuse)

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ thanks alot man that will really help me on my install. and im guessing you ran your power wire along the passenger side?

·
Registered
90 Posts
CamrySExxx said:
^ thanks alot man that will really help me on my install. and im guessing you ran your power wire along the passenger side?
Yes, and the remote up the driver side.
I ground the paint off the bar that runs across the top of the trunk to put my ground.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^perfect i was thinking of useing that too.. thanks alot 160swiftly you really helped me with this install.. again thanks alott

·
Pimpin the ***** Blue Cam
188 Posts
easiest way, go on cardomain and buy theyre 12in MTX roadthunder w/200w amp, its in a box and you dont have to run rca or remote wire. you just tap the rca cable off your rear speakers, run power and ground. easist way to do it, no way to mess it up, comes with step by step instructions. hits pretty hard to, IMO best money ive spent so far.

·
07 Camry SE V6
82 Posts
Here are some pics (I haven't got a very steady hand but you can still make out the pics).
This is the line out converter which you can get from Crappy tire or any sterio shop for about $25.

It has a left + & - and a right + & - and an output for the rca's.
This is where I connected it to the rear speaker wires with piggy back connectors (you can get from Crappy Tire)

This is the fuse connector also from Crappy Tire ($10). Its kinda blury but its just a fues that you can put two fuses in. Pull the one from the radio fuse and put in a 3.5 fuse for the remote wire. The red wire is the part of the fuse that crimps on to the remote wire.

This is how it plugs into the fuse panel. This method is new car warranty safe.

This is under the hood where the power wire goes through the fire wall. (No drilling required)

and this is my finished result, I still have to tuck in the wires.

I hope this helps you out, and sorry for the crappy pics.
If you have a Princess Auto near you you can get an apm wiring kit for $28 (just the wires and main power fuse)

if possible could you please repost the pics....planning to install amp and subs....just wanted to know where the remote wire will hook up and how you run the power wire through the firewall...

thanks

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
^ ill try that but anyone here know how to get the radio off ? i dont want to wreck it quite yet :lol:

off topic but the new camrys are sooooo sweet im jealous i only have the gen5

I posted a DIY in the DIY section of how to take the radio out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts