Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2005 Toyota Matrix XR, recently purchased Sirius radio w/ car kit. I am trying to find an unintrusive way to run the antenna wire from outside the car to the interior. I checked under the hood and couldn't locate a route inside.

It's basically a thin wire with a small L-connection at the end. I just need to get it inside the car, I would prefer to end up somewhere under the dash so I could just route the wire to the top, to the back of the kit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

· Registered
Camry
6,933 Posts
Usually there are holes in the firewall where you can route wires.

On my Camry, there's a hole that goes out of the engine compartment into the driver side wheel well. In the driver side wheel well, there's a hole that goes through the firewall into the car behind the dash.

It required me to remove the driver side wheel and then remove the plastic liner to expose the hole. There was already a rubber thing there to prevent wires from being chaffed.

The below photo shows where the power wire for my system goes into the wheel well on my Camry. I think there are some other wires that go through that hole also.

This is a photo of my engine bay to give you a better sense of location. The area shown in the above photo is in the bottom right of this photo:
http://users.adelphia.net/~heckler1028/images/bar/bar1b.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.