Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install a Sirius radio in my 07 Tacoma and I want to connect the fm reciever to the Toyota radio. I have the fm modulator that connects between the radio and the truck antenna and then to the Sirius.. My question is: do I need an additional adapter to connect the modulator to the stock system. My work van is a GMC and I had to purchase an aditional adapter to hook up the Sirius this way. Also, how much of the dash must be removed to access the antenna and rear of the stock radio? Any help would be great.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Use a butter knife to carefully pop the heater controls out of the dash. Remove the wiring harnesses on this piece to get it completely out of the way. Then there are 4 bolts that hold the stereo in place. It's VERY easy to remove.

As for your other questions, I can't help you out. I bought a sirius tuner from Pioneer so it plugs right into the back of my Pioneer head unit.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
182 Posts
I asked this question earlier this month.... if you did a search you probably would've been able to find the answer. The antenna on our trucks uses the universal antenna adapter, there is a write up on how to remove your stereo from the dash in the DIY/ mod section. Goodluck on installing your Sirius, and next time search around not only for your own knowledge but for everyone else's sake as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Smell it? FLAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
To the two people above me. This isn't TTORA, so try to be a little more helpful next time.

In the time it took for you two to bitch about someone not searching (And believe me, I get a little pissed off sometimes when I see people asking questions that have been asked before) you could of easily gave him advice, like I did, or point him to a thread that has already answered this question. It's his first post...and he wasn't being an ass when asking his question.

serovich:

Welcome to the site. As I always say, it's nice to see more Pennsylvanians join this site. Where exactly are you from? And in the future, try to use the search button. :D

·
Shut yo azzz
Tacoma
213 Posts
No, you do not need any special adapter to hook up the FM mudulator. They use RCA plugs.

unplug antenna, plug in fm mudulator, plug antenna into fm moulator and put the head unit back in.....easier than it sounds when you get the head unit out and look at the back of the head unit.

BTW, welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about causing such trouble for some. I wasn't aware of the search feature. I'll be sure to use that route first next time. I'm from central Pa. About an hour north of Harrisburg. Anyway, thanks for all your tips, I got the Sirius installed.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
182 Posts
sorry for being a jerk.... i guess my tampon hadn't been changed in a while. I think i was just waiting for a victim to bitch at. I hope this forum will be a lot of help to you and that we can all help each other out. Sorry for giving you a hard time and good luck with your satellite radio, and in the future i'll try to be more helpful rather than hostile towards anyone.
- John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts