Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a 2020 Corolla LE and was given a SiriusXM brochure for a 3 month trial. The back window also had a sticker listing the car with SiriusXM. I wasn’t able to locate the button and the dealer is saying it’s only on the SE. Has anyone else been told the car comes with satellite radio and then told no you don’t?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
From the brochure : Sirius is standard only in «X» models (XLE / XSE) and available as an option in SE. Not in LE.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
You should see a button labeled SAT or scroll through the source on the steering wheel controls if equipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. There isn’t any button. The darcars 355 dealership could not care less. They stated the car came with SiriusXM, there is a sticker on the window listen anywhere car app online, they provided a brochure for three month trial at time of delivery where the salesman said this is part of your owners manual. This was my first Toyota purchase and the last as a result of the abysmal customer service.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Maybe it's an app that needs to be installed? Touch screen?

Edit : cycle using the audio button

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it’s touchscreen and I asked about app or software update. SiriusXM stated all 2020 MY had it standard. Toyota customer service said they were curious why I was provided a brochure and why the SiriusXM sticker was on the passenger window. I contacted them because I heard nothing back from darcars 355. After Toyota corporate contacted darcars 355 I received a call from Jorge Gallardo who is a poor representative of the Toyota brand. He basically told me sol. I told him I wanted to know how to access SiriusXM since I was provided so much information that I had it and he was only now responding to my prior emails because I called Toyota corporate in California. He then was belligerent and said he was not calling because of corporate, he saw an email and I said yes that’s because I contacted them since the dealer is unresponsive. Folks should steer clear of darcars they don’t deserve any business with their poor customer service and they don’t care.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
there is a sticker on the window listen anywhere car app online
As mentioned, LE doesn't list XM head unit as available. I think what you got is rather a promotion to subscribe to the "SiriusXM anywhere" app (Androïd or Apple). Indeed, once on the phone, you may listen to it in the car, via bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
As mentioned in the article, this would be starting in fall 2019. Other articles mention from October and not all models at the same time (like for Android Auto), Corolla not necessarily being the first in line. Even then, those units wouldn't have hit the lots yet. So at this moment, SiriusXM still require Audio Plus, Audio Plus / JBL or Premium with navigation, none of it being available in LE trim. Which is why I think what OP got is rather a promotion for the "SiriusXM anywhere" app, which operates via phone and doesn't require a specific head unit as long as it has bluetooth. As often, no congrats to the dealer for its product knowledge ! 🤷‍♂️

From the 2020 brochure:

·
straight cash homie
18,825 Posts
Most Toyotas with the higher end radios have the SiriusXM, since mine did even in 2008. If you get the base radio, you'd never get it. I guess this changes, but it will only happen to the cars built after a certain date rather than the whole model year getting the satellite radio. I'm sure the dealers aren't happy about it either with corporate Toyota.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts