Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would first like to say that this site is awesome, and I will visit frequently. Anyways I am doing the brakes on my 90 Lexus ES250, and have to remove the Axle Spindle nut to get the rotors off. I have already been to the parts store once, and don't want to go back a third time with the wrong tool. What size is the wheel nut? I have already tried 1" and 1"1/16th. It's bigger. Any help will be appreciated. Thankyou for your time.

Bart

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yes, but there are always conversion 11/16 = 17mm and so forth, but I did find that it will be a 30mm socket. I can't get them off, but am wondering if it is a reverse thread. Gotta go try that. Wondering if anyone knows that it is?

Later

Bart

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,498 Posts
I had to use a breaker bar w/ a 3' extension on it to break them loose in my old Camry...

-Charlie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the appropriate torque on the nut once I am done installing the rotors? 137 ft/lbs? I want to be able to remove them easily!!!

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
LexusES250 said:
What is the appropriate torque on the nut once I am done installing the rotors? 137 ft/lbs?
137 ft/lbs. sounds right. Thats what my Chiltons manual says for my gen 2 Camry.

A ES250 is pretty much the same thing.

I want to be able to remove them easily!!!
Use a impact wrench or more force.

Remember if it doesn't come loose your not using enough force, or to small of a hammer. j/k :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts