Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Audiophile on a budget
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored today and decided to sleeve my subwoofer speaker wire with some Techflex that I had lying around from back when I was modding computer cases. It took about 15 minutes and I am very pleased with the results.

Techflex can be bought here: http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=161

All you need is the wire you wish to sleeve, some heatshrink (RadioShack), and a lighter (or in my case, my roommate's heat gun).

It's really easy to do. Cut your sleeving to the desired length. Fit it over your wire. Cut about 1 inch of heatshrink for the ends. Apply heat. And voila! Your done.

If you don't care about aesthetics or don't really pay attention to detail, this isn't for you.

But for those perfectionists out there like me, this is a great way to add some form & flexibility to your dull speaker/RCA wire.

·
TO Refugee
Toyota Tercel
160 Posts
That does look good. Well done, I actually just bought some Unity speaker wire for my system. It's pretty.:canada: :wiggle: Canadian made with stranded oxygen free high conductivity copper conductors with a 99.99997% purity, with an aggragate 11 gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts