Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Buck Up or Doe Out (TM)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slight thud/vibration when I turned to the right on my left wheel. I dont know if over greasing on my of my zerk fittings for my TC UCA's is causing this or what. I have looked under there several times and cant figure it out! Thats the only thing I can think of but I dont think thats whats causing it. Could a CV axle that is going bad be the reason? I mean its not that bad but its kind of annoying. The only thing ive had done recently to my truck is an alignment and it was fine after that and has just started this week it seems like and Ive had the UCA's on for awhile. Its due for maintenance anyways so maybe ill ask one of the techs, i dont want to go to Toyota but I think I may need to replace one of the O2 Sensors and just want them to check some other things. Not going to the one I went to before....F that

·
Griff
914 Posts
i've noticed the same thing lately, but with my stock setup. it's a very slight thud/vibration when i turn either way.... maybe at half turn or so. i can't seem to figure it out either. i'll have to put the truck on my father's lift and check it out.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
i've noticed the same thing lately, but with my stock setup. it's a very slight thud/vibration when i turn either way.... maybe at half turn or so. i can't seem to figure it out either. i'll have to put the truck on my father's lift and check it out.
Yeah I have the same thing at half turn. It doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally, and it's a thud, or bump - no vibration. It would be interesting to hear what, if anything, you find on the lift.

·
Buck Up or Doe Out (TM)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i still havent figured it out, its annoying as hell. Mine does it at just a slight turn and only on the left side wheel, not on the right. Nothing happens when I turn to the left just to the right. Still working on it, I know if I bring it in a mechanic is probably not going to know what it is, especially at Toyota, well I guess they might know but they would charge an arm and a leg just to find out, then pay to fix it. Going to bring it in to my buddy who's a mechanic and have him check it out

·
Registered
06 toyota tacoma
62 Posts
i had the same same problem, rotated the tires and put 35psi all around. my tires had to much air. you guys could try this out.

·
Registered
06 toyota tacoma
62 Posts
had 45 psi. also greased my driveshaft zerks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You need to tighten the lower control arm to frame bolts. Make sure that you back up the bolt so that you don't rotate the concentric washer, which will cause a change in alignment specs. If they are really loose, your alignment may already be hosed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have had this for a few years now. Ive checked the tires and alignment. It is really annoying. The dealer has never been able to duplicate it so it looks like Im stuck. It mostly on the right, when I am making a turn and hit some sort of pot hole, man hole, any thing that moves the suspention.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 double cab long bed here. I get a growl and clunk some times when I turn in one direction. Started after a service where the mechanic couldn't figure out how to get my "kleen wheels" brake dust shields out, then how to get them in with out rubing.

He destroyed them. But I noticed latter when I did my brakes, there was grease all around the dust cap on the hub. I think he cranked down on the nut thinking the hub was out too far.

I bring this up because years ago I had a car that clunked every time I turned all the way right. The mechanic's could never figure it out. I change the rotors at some point and found one of the roller bears was push out of where it should have sat. Never had the problem after changing the bears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts