rev limiter? I have slow acceleration after 100mph...it'll take about 20 sec to get from 100 to 110.
I realize this, but any normal car should not be driving down the road at 4000 rpms and then go down to 3800 rpms while maintaining constant throttle position plus like I said if I lift off some what it will actually accelerate faster than if I just keep it floored. Even though it is not changing gears at all during this whole processag6286 said:1, ur pullin a 3000+ lb car
2. u have a 4 cylander
3. u have an auto...big power loss
4. ur pullin that underpowered 3000 lb at over 70mph in 4th gear, 3rd if u have ect on or OD off
5. ur coeffiecient of drag is greater than .38(?)...that adds up to huge losses at speeds above 50-60
6. short ram, given its an even half decent filtration system will be better than stock, nothing truly noticeable though, so no worries ther
7. as for RPMs going down that could be quite a few different things....nothing clearly identifiable though in my book
what sensor do you think would most likely be going out? And is there any way to test it besides replacing it?ag6286 said:^^sounds like a sensor reading error.....it still reads so ur engine light wont come on however it is probably causing error in caculations for feul/timing/o2 levels/basically anything relating to ignition and feul levels
yeah its not a really big issue I just want to know why the rpms would just drop like that since its not like this happens in every car. I just want my car to run as efficently as possible. This is the only speed this issue arises in, car accelerates fine in every other gear/speed other than this one issue there is no other problem with the car that I can tell, its running perfect and averages around 30mpg.Reppinshadyvill said:IMO most cars that i've driven do not accelerate at maximum speed with the gas pedal all the way in the floor. Every car has a sweet spot on the pedal where you will get the most bang for your buck no matter how fast you are going. I too suggest you make sure your timing is correct. But besides that try not flooring it to pass on the hi-way.