Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
damnjapanfan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past few days now,my 94 camry wagon has started up okay and goes into reverse and drive fine.i've noticed though that once i step on the gas it feels sluggish and slower then usual for a few (just until i get down the block in my neighborhood)i find that if i pull over for a sec and put it in park and let it sit for a minute while lightly reving the engine that it seems to help.no lights have come on or anything.i am thinking that it is need of a transmission flush but wanted to rule out any other possibilities.Any advice is greatly appreciated.thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i noticed the same thing in my car for a while, then i checked the air filter, a mouse was living in there for a while, and its nest was blocking alot of the air flow

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds like something with your fuel delivery like the fuel filter or injectors.

How many miles and have you replaced/cleaned either of these two things?

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Do you let your car warm up properly?

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Maybe the oil? I know that sounds crazy-but when my car seems slower than usual-it's due for an oil change. After I put on a new filter and changed the oil, she was back to normal.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
fuel filter was replaced 6months ago
injectors are fine and the oil was just changed

the motor is fine when it's in park or neutral the thing revs up like nothing but when we first start it in the morning it moves sluggish i know it's not the motor. it started happening after we arrived here in pembroke pines

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
My car does this also. Sometimes it feels like its pulling back for a second or 2 and then it kicks in.... I say if it aint broke, dont fix it...:cool:

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
2wickedtoyz said:
fuel filter was replaced 6months ago
injectors are fine and the oil was just changed

the motor is fine when it's in park or neutral the thing revs up like nothing but when we first start it in the morning it moves sluggish i know it's not the motor. it started happening after we arrived here in pembroke pines
You just moved or what? Is there a difference in altitude? Where is the temp. gauge at when this happens? And when it doesen't?

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
no i'm just visiting family. the car used to be fine oil pressure is at 20psi volts are at 14.5 and temp is 3/8ths of the way up when it's normal but it only does this speraticly and it freaks me out but wed we're getting a flush so i'll let you guys know how it went

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Oh, reminds me of my streetbikes. The engine isn't completely warmed up and there is blowby. Sounds like the piston rings are getting worn. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just let it warm up and don't supercharge/tc it without installing new piston rings.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yea most like it is blowby it happened to me today i was worried for a second untill Boom it kicked back in then right away i knew it was blowby since my teacher just went over that in class.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts