Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'07 DC Tacoma Off-Ro
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this and thought that while it might be a little ahead of it’s time, (and more truck than Toyota related) DANG cars are going to be getting smarter over the next 10 years. Sure, Ford is really working on those high-profit options to keep out of the red, but this is something that seems kinda cool, and bodes of interesting things ahead.

The idea is that you stick little RFID tags on your drills and saws and whatnot and the truck tracks them for you. Like Walmart, Ford is joining the push for universal RFID tags in most products.

I could see this might be handy....but worth the crazy price I'm sure it would be?

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
Not all RFID Tags can be canceled. The ones in the stores are different then the ones you would put on your stuff in this case.

This is a pretty neat idea, I don't know how much it would catch on. It would depend on the cost and availability of the RFID tags and how the scanning system was integrated into the truck itself. If it was overly complex and difficult to remove/add items into the system I could see contractors getting annoyed and not using the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.