Toyota Nation Forum banner

Smoke Screen

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  97'camryLE 
#1 ·
I was watching this show on TLC about Armored cars a few months back. These cars aren't your normal armored trucks carrying our money from bank to bank, these are Luxury cars which were equiped with armoring, bullet proof windows and ESPECIALLY a smoke screen.

Now to what I wanted to get at:
The guy who custom made these "mods" said that the smoke screen was very easy to do. He went on to say that all he had to do was make a little resevoir that housed Extra coolant. When the driver pressed a button it dumped some of that coolant into the exhaust causing it to burn. When it burned it released a HUGE white cloud out of the exhaust tips. Now I dont know excatly what part of the exhaust it dumped the coolant into.

I didn't post this with the idea of doing it to my car. But I was just wondering how that would work. Plus Im sure SOMEONE out there, in INTERNET LAND will probably attempt this. If you are that person, please post pics. :lol:

#3 ·
You did the shocking door handle? AND the flame thrower? You are the man!

How did you do the door handle? YOU GOT PM!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

#5 ·
2wickedtoyz said:
actually i did the shocking door handle thing and the flame thrower but i've yet to try the smoke screen.
i figure you would need a washer pump a resivior and some rubber hose with a misting tip on it also a momentary push button switch so it wouldn't stay on...
Stealing the Armys, Urban Assult Suburban doesn't count as you doing the door electric Shock handle....:lol:

Although if it wasn't me... I can defintely see you trying this stuff!

BTW the suburban the 1gen had the handle and the 2nd gen they are working on its the whole truck.

#8 ·
Hey you thread jacker. Go make a door handle/schock thread!

This is about the smoke screen! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
Gridlyne said:
Hey you thread jacker. Go make a door handle/schock thread!

This is about the smoke screen! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey but my post was related.... casue the suburban both the 1Gen and 2Gen also came with smoke screen, the 2Gen also comes chaffs/flares, a pop-up turret with dual machine guns.

#11 ·
epidemic said:
hey gridlyne you have the tan camry?
Yeah Im the dude with the Tan Cam covered with Bird poop.

And I was referring to 2wickedToys. He took the whole thread and turned it into electric door handles. lol

BACK TO SMOKE SCREEN! Is it at all possible to be done?

#13 ·
My method would include one of the theater smoke machines... but of course make it small and light enough so its not weighing you down... and then run the lines from the smoke machine to the exhaust right after the muffler, drill a hole through the tail pipe run the feed line through the hole, so you'll have the exhaust naturally blowing the smoke out and away from your car.

Of course you will have an arming switch inside the car that turns on the smoke machine and another switch to open the valve on the feed line

#14 ·
The color of the smoke was white. And this guy didn't use a machine or anything. He just said he would dump some of the cars coolant into the exhaust just by using a switch and the smoke would naturally come out from the exhaust.

#26 ·
Awesome! Now if someone could actually make it!

Maybe we can make a vid of the car with it installed hosing some Civics down with a nice thick layer of smoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.