Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I just went muddin today and there was some smoke coming from under my truck and the transmission fluid was hot. Will everything be ok when it cools back down

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
Was it smoke, or just steam coming off the exaust? What did it smell like? Other than the smoke, what problems did the truck have? If there isn't a problem then there probably isn't a problem.

I also hope you were in an approved area. Going out and tearing up some random place is not a good thing.

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I didnt notice any other problem and I didnt see the smoke util after I was done and it was smoke, it smelled like something was burning but like I said no problems. I was in a public muddin hole thats been there all my life, for the first tiem ive done it ill be doin it again.

·
Registered
2002 toyota Tacoma
906 Posts
Maybe you have some weeds or other stuff stuck in the exhaust or around it check it and get it cleaned.

did your tranny fluid light come on?

Lance

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at it my engine heat was normal, no lights came on. It was just smoke comin off of the exhaust so I guess u could say it was steam it looked like smoke but everything is cool now and it still runs great
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts