Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, I know it won't eliminate glare 100% but will smoked headlights reduce the amount of glare emitted by HID's?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Quick question, I know it won't eliminate glare 100% but will smoked headlights reduce the amount of glare emitted by HID's?

technically, it will reduce the amount of glare because light is passing thru a tinted glass/lens.

just a reminder, you should keep in mind that you are still blinding the drivers of oncoming traffic which is not a good idea. be considerate of other drivers on the road and not just yourself. try to see yourself as the driver being blinded by HID glare from someone who did not mind setting up a HID without proper projectors.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I'm keeping my fogs stock since I know that will def'n blind pple. But I've had alot of mixed opinions on HID's on the Corolla.

It's been claimed that the glare isn't bad enough to blind oncoming traffic and on top of that with the smoked headlights, it should be even lower amount of glare.

I'm only getting 5k but of course I will test it by sitting in a car in front of mines to see how bad they are and if they are a no go, I'll opt to remove them.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I know, I'm keeping my fogs stock since I know that will def'n blind pple. But I've had alot of mixed opinions on HID's on the Corolla.

It's been claimed that the glare isn't bad enough to blind oncoming traffic and on top of that with the smoked headlights, it should be even lower amount of glare.

I'm only getting 5k but of course I will test it by sitting in a car in front of mines to see how bad they are and if they are a no go, I'll opt to remove them.

test the glare far from the car. not just a few feet away. because from my experience i get the glare on my eyes 50 feet away or more.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yes it does. but make sure if u apply the same amount of tint to the taillights, that your brake lights are visible at night.

·
Registered
186 Posts
lol! No it doesn’t! Light will shine and appear the same! The diff is so little its not noticeable, trust me I’ve tried it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts