Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i dont know how many of you notice the ads but is aw http://www.snaptint.com/ ad up on top a few times and decided to check it out. Has anyone had experience with this? Its a DIY tint job basically and the price seems real reasonable!

Thanks!

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
ahhhh....I wouldn't....I'm sure it can't be that hard....

until you get to the rear windshield....even professionals have problems sometimes

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eye8Pussies said:
ahhhh....I wouldn't....I'm sure it can't be that hard....

until you get to the rear windshield....even professionals have problems sometimes
So you wouldn't tint urself is what your saying.

Perhaps i'll just tint my two side windows and have a professional tint my rear one for me...i wonder what that might cost me. I'm just trying to save a few bucks here and there. I dont have all the time in the world but i'm sure i can spare an hour here and there.

Thanks

ANyone else?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd say shell out the $150 or whatever, and just get a pro to do it...at least that way if it starts to fall off in less than a year, they should redo it for free, and it saves the hassle, when they'll prolly charge you an arm and a leg just to do the rear window as it is.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the cheapest i was able to find around here for me was 190 if i paid cash and with student discount. So thats why i was thinking of doing it myself for under 80 bucks...

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
yeah take it somewhere to get it done. I though i would tint my 94 Camry and thought this cant be to hard. I started out with the wiindow in the car and screwed it up. SO i thought you know I can have this window out in like five minutes so I pulled the window and laid it ont he trunk with towels under it and all that so as not to scratch the paint or the window. Well I proceeded to use 3 rolls of tint jsut trying to get one window done. Finally i jsut said F it and havent touched it since. The only reason I was even going to tint them is because my sons gets mad when tht esun shines in on him in the morning going to preschool. oh well he will sjut have to live with it for now I guess.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i think you also wanted ur camry to look cooler! hahah you know for you son there are sunshades you can buy that are cheap and are now quite fashionable! I was going for cooler summers and les damage to the rear leather seats.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
it would take a lot more than tint for the car to look cooler. And for the sunshades he jsut pulls them off the window I have tried that several times.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Where in the Bay Area are you? I had my Camry done for $175 IIRC at Dragon Tinting in Santa Clara. They did all four doors and the rear winshield. They tinted the doors in a way that there's no gap at the top of window.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
touringcamry said:
Where in the Bay Area are you? I had my Camry done for $175 IIRC at Dragon Tinting in Santa Clara. They did all four doors and the rear winshield. They tinted the doors in a way that there's no gap at the top of window.
Fremont...so Santa Clara isnt too far but depending on how long it takes them i'll probably have to sit there and wait for them to finish the job.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
^
It took them about 90 minutes IIRC. I can't remember. I had my brother go down there with me and we went to Frys to exchange a defective motherboard and the car was done after we got back.

I don't remember the address for it, but you can probably google it. I'll see if I can find the receipt.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Ok, I found the receipt.

Here's the place where I had my tint done:
Dragon Auto Glass & Window Tinting
1940 Lafayette St, Suite J
Santa Clara, CA 95050

Tel: 408/980-8638

It cost $175 for tint and $15 for tax, so $190 total. This was for 4 doors and back windshield. This was done 2 years ago, so prices may have changed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts