Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its on the garage floor. It had some issues, the ramhorns came so close to the alternator it fried, wastegate placement was far from optimal and to change the oil filter I had to remove the manifold...:facepalm:

Yeah right, see ya in a year.
Hey hey now. :lol:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
so use a 4age lower bracket and alt then fabricate an upper mount... and move it to the back of the motor... just ditch the PS... no need for it in an ae92....

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just ditch the PS.
What powersteering? My car came with a non-powered rack :D

Anyways, finding a 4A-GE alternator mount isnt the easiest thing, they're either in use or they come with the engine. But that ramhorn was really my first shot at a manifold, the flanges were far from great, heck I made them with a bench drill, hole saws and a carbide air grinder, major exhaust leaks too. So its better now, albeit not the most perfectly flowing manifold. I get tons of space now :thumbsup:

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I ran into a major problem.... cant use my injectors.... the fuel rail bottoms out on the block rail mounts before the injectors seal as I'm using bosch injectors made to fit the ND bungs, however the bosch injectors are 65mm rather than 75mm. Fuuuuuu :facepalm:

·
Mr. Nice Guy
1991 Corolla GT-S
644 Posts
Its on the garage floor. It had some issues, the ramhorns came so close to the alternator it fried, wastegate placement was far from optimal and to change the oil filter I had to remove the manifold...:facepalm:

Hey hey now. :lol:
lol thats awesome, you should think about being an engineer, and do stuff like positioning an alternator so that you have to remove the cv axle to get it out;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts