Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a sneak peak of what I am knee deep in...

Trunk not quite done yet:

Then on to the interior.....................

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
gj looks like your going all out! The camry without the sound deadening is pretty good. WHen i hookd up a sub i didnt hear any rattles... unless i was out side but it still didnt sound that bad

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, Thx to all for the replies. Too many to quote! :thumbup::thumbup:

:clap:

Which brand is that? And also, can you keep track of how much you use? :thumbup:
It is exactly the same as Dynamat, but for a fraction of the cost. It is called 'FatMat'.....I got 100 sq ft of it from Ebay for a decent price. The link for these guys are here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120222671021&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

They are awesome.

As far as how much I have used......I got two rolls of 50 sq ft. For the trunk and trunk lid that I finished. I think I used about 50 sq ft. The roll looks about half way used.

Thanks again everyone, I can't wait for final results too. :naughty:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey ebumdude,
I will be sound deadening my Camry as well soon. Are you going to go all out on the interior and do the floor, all doors, etc? I was thinking about just doing front doors and trunk at first.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey ebumdude,
I will be sound deadening my Camry as well soon. Are you going to go all out on the interior and do the floor, all doors, etc? I was thinking about just doing front doors and trunk at first.
I was going to just do my trunk at first too. But with so much material left to use, I might as well do the interior too. I plan on starting with the door panels first....then the floorboard....then if there is enough to spare, I was thinking about taking down the overhead fabric and doing the roof too. I will only do the roof if I have enough to completely cover it, otherwise I will just be wasting my time.

According to the ebay site:
2 Rolls of 33.5' L X 18" W
Shipping Weight 31 Pounds
Installation Weight 23 Pounds
You got it dude. Thx. :thumbup:

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pics of the head unit before I start working on my sub box...

Wait for it......

Wait for it.....

BOO YOW!

·
Registered
mtlc gry 07 SE
467 Posts
Damn! Looks good bro! Out of curiosity, how much did the HU cost? I really want to get one for mine, but g/f's pushing me the other way :(

Pics of the head unit before I start working on my sub box...

Wait for it......

Wait for it.....

BOO YOW!

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Damn! Looks good bro! Out of curiosity, how much did the HU cost? I really want to get one for mine, but g/f's pushing me the other way :(
I payed $669 total from Crutchfield. (head unit + pac swi jack to maintain steering functions) Its worth it man. They throw in the harness, instal instructions and dash kit + free shipping and free tech support. NO MORE EXPENSIVE AUDIO SHOP INSTAL FEES!! LoL

the DDX looks nice.. trim kit fitment and dirt smudge mark is sad to say, :thumbdown
LoL...yeah. After I "thought" I was done, I noticed a pack of little gray tabs to cover up the botton portion of the dash kit to give it a prettier look. Needless to say this pic was taken before hand. And yes, that is my thumb print, LoL.

I am pretty pleased overall. The only thing I am having a prob with, is grounding the green parking break wire so I can get dvd playback without being parked. I must not have a good enough ground.

Other than that, its sweet. I just picked up my mono channel Fosgate amp from Best Buy, my subs will be here Monday, and I am building my box @ the moment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts