- OME Nitros in the rear
- Dakar leaf springs
- 2007 FJ Special Edition wheels
- Wrangler Silent Armor 265/75R16 tires

Armor and Off Road:
- ARB Bumper
- Warn M8000 Winch
- IPF Driving Lights
- Stubbs Sliders (Richard Stubbs is a good dude)
- Rock, reverse and bed lights with added OEM switches

Other:
- Wet Okole seat covers
- Redline hood struts
- Weather Tech liners
- DTRL mod
- Front tint
- Stubby antenna
- iPod adapter
- Mountain TRD Sport bed decals
- A bunch of other nit-noid stuff

Supercharger install
Water manifold off and a mess in my skid.

New injectors and plugs are in, charger idler pulleys are in.

Installed and fully operational...just need to do a little clean up and find a new auxiliary fuse box solution since this one doesn't fit nicely anymore.

DTLT Headers ready for install

ARB, ICONs and UCAs

Before the ARB

No suspension, with 265s

:smokin:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm still digging the FJ wheels, too. I have never seen them on another Indigo; SockMonkey did a photoshop mock up for me and I was sold. I didn't want chrome or black and think these were reasonably priced, especially for OEM wheels. I couldn't be happier, even for more $$.

As far as the lights...they're "Blue Light Specials"...literally and figuratively:
1) I got them from Wal-Mart:creature:
2) They have a blue tinted lens cover (although they shine white)

I wanted to spend less than $20 and didn't feel like wasting a bunch of time looking for lights. These are the only cheap fogs I found that would fit in the pockets after looking at the local auto stores and WM. They measure about 1 5/8" x 4 1/2." I was hesitant about the color, but they ended up looking pretty good when "off" with the Indigo and the subdued theme I'm going with on the truck. I don't know the brand, but will try to take a pic over the weekend.

Speaking of Indigos...your truck is looking good :D.

·
Premium Member
11 Tacoma DC TRD OR
1,892 Posts
Thanks. I'm still digging the FJ wheels, too. I have never seen them on another Indigo; SockMonkey did a photoshop mock up for me and I was sold. I didn't want chrome or black and think these were reasonably priced, especially for OEM wheels. I couldn't be happier, even for more $$.

As far as the lights...they're "Blue Light Specials"...literally and figuratively:
1) I got them from Wal-Mart:creature:
2) They have a blue tinted lens cover (although they shine white)

I wanted to spend less than $20 and didn't feel like wasting a bunch of time looking for lights. These are the only cheap fogs I found that would fit in the pockets after looking at the local auto stores and WM. They measure about 1 5/8" x 4 1/2." I was hesitant about the color, but they ended up looking pretty good when "off" with the Indigo and the subdued theme I'm going with on the truck. I don't know the brand, but will try to take a pic over the weekend.

Speaking of Indigos...your truck is looking good :D.
Nothing wrong with Wal-Mart. :thumbup: I'm a bargain shopper myself. :D

And thanks for the compliment. :cool:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I updated my post with 2 more pictures of the truck after TC UCAs, OME Nitros and Dakars.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, man. I live up in Northern Utah, but have made it down to the Moab area a couple of times in the last few months. It's great fun down there. Thanks again for the kind words.

·
One with the Force
1,521 Posts
Yeah, you're welcome! It's really pretty up there in Northern Utah. Always love going there, used to live in WY and we'd drive down to ski in PC or go to SLC. :thumbup:

·
Registered
Tacoma PreRunner V6
1,601 Posts
Great looking truck. I love the FJ wheels.

Can you give me some better pics of the bed lights (where you mounted 'em) so I can see how it looks and the rock lights? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I think if I did it I would wire the bed lights and rock lights to one switch to light it all up.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bed Lights

For the bed lights I just cut a rectangle into the bed pocket with a Dremel and stuffed the fog lights into it:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reverse Lights

For the reverse lights I used Hella 4.75" work lights and bolted them onto the bracket above the rear flaps. I have them up high so I'm not dragging them all over rocks. Obviously, I'm not able to cast the light horizontally with my set up. So, I don't have as much backward visibility as some guys that have them mounted near/on the bumper or trailer hitch. But what was more important to me was being able to see under the rear wheels (see my pics in the top post) in case I am in a tight spot and want to back up a few feet in the rocks and take a different track.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rock Lights

Here are pictures of my "rock" lights. Once again, I went with a 4.75" Hella work light. It isn't the prettiest thing sitting under the truck, but they were $7 each and you'll see the reason I wanted to go with my cheapest option below. Since they are lower they pick up more rocks. I've never had a problem on the road, but you can see what happens when I start throwing rocks around off road.

I kept the lights lower (and exposed instead of tucked up in somewhere) because I wanted them to shed light out to my side instead of just down:

I like being able to track obstacles on the side easier without extra squinting, like here where I have about 8" to split between both sides:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Switches and Relays

I have a total of four OEM fog switches:
#1 Factory Fog Lights
#2 Rock Lights (I originally tried to relay them to come on when the interior lights came on [e.g., hit the unlock bottom on the key fob and light up the mud puddles], but the relay didn't like the fading/dimming interior lights when I tried to tie into them).
#3 Bed Lights
#4 Reverse Lights (Come on automatically when truck is in reverse or when switch is pushed)

I relayed all the auxiliary lights so that they can only come on with the key's in the ignition.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Felt like adding pics to my thread:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wasatch Range Overlooking the Great Salt Lake

Here are a couple of pictures of my day trip I took up onto the Wasatch Front Range over the weekend. I'm overlooking Northern Utah and the Great Salt Lake in these. Good times and a good way to beat the heat of the valley.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks man. I was checking out the quad talk on your post. That's looking more and more tempting as I see more and more out on the trails.:clap:.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 109 Posts