- OME Nitros in the rear
- Dakar leaf springs
- 2007 FJ Special Edition wheels
- Wrangler Silent Armor 265/75R16 tires

Armor and Off Road:
- ARB Bumper
- Warn M8000 Winch
- IPF Driving Lights
- Stubbs Sliders (Richard Stubbs is a good dude)
- Rock, reverse and bed lights with added OEM switches

Other:
- Wet Okole seat covers
- Redline hood struts
- Weather Tech liners
- DTRL mod
- Front tint
- Stubby antenna
- iPod adapter
- Mountain TRD Sport bed decals
- A bunch of other nit-noid stuff

Supercharger install
Water manifold off and a mess in my skid.

New injectors and plugs are in, charger idler pulleys are in.

Installed and fully operational...just need to do a little clean up and find a new auxiliary fuse box solution since this one doesn't fit nicely anymore.

DTLT Headers ready for install

ARB, ICONs and UCAs

Before the ARB

No suspension, with 265s

:smokin:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm still digging the FJ wheels, too. I have never seen them on another Indigo; SockMonkey did a photoshop mock up for me and I was sold. I didn't want chrome or black and think these were reasonably priced, especially for OEM wheels. I couldn't be happier, even for more $$.

As far as the lights...they're "Blue Light Specials"...literally and figuratively:
1) I got them from Wal-Mart:creature:
2) They have a blue tinted lens cover (although they shine white)

I wanted to spend less than $20 and didn't feel like wasting a bunch of time looking for lights. These are the only cheap fogs I found that would fit in the pockets after looking at the local auto stores and WM. They measure about 1 5/8" x 4 1/2." I was hesitant about the color, but they ended up looking pretty good when "off" with the Indigo and the subdued theme I'm going with on the truck. I don't know the brand, but will try to take a pic over the weekend.

Speaking of Indigos...your truck is looking good :D.

·
Premium Member
11 Tacoma DC TRD OR
1,892 Posts
Thanks. I'm still digging the FJ wheels, too. I have never seen them on another Indigo; SockMonkey did a photoshop mock up for me and I was sold. I didn't want chrome or black and think these were reasonably priced, especially for OEM wheels. I couldn't be happier, even for more $$.

As far as the lights...they're "Blue Light Specials"...literally and figuratively:
1) I got them from Wal-Mart:creature:
2) They have a blue tinted lens cover (although they shine white)

I wanted to spend less than $20 and didn't feel like wasting a bunch of time looking for lights. These are the only cheap fogs I found that would fit in the pockets after looking at the local auto stores and WM. They measure about 1 5/8" x 4 1/2." I was hesitant about the color, but they ended up looking pretty good when "off" with the Indigo and the subdued theme I'm going with on the truck. I don't know the brand, but will try to take a pic over the weekend.

Speaking of Indigos...your truck is looking good :D.
Nothing wrong with Wal-Mart. :thumbup: I'm a bargain shopper myself. :D

And thanks for the compliment. :cool:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, man. I live up in Northern Utah, but have made it down to the Moab area a couple of times in the last few months. It's great fun down there. Thanks again for the kind words.

·
Registered
Tacoma PreRunner V6
1,601 Posts
Great looking truck. I love the FJ wheels.

Can you give me some better pics of the bed lights (where you mounted 'em) so I can see how it looks and the rock lights? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I think if I did it I would wire the bed lights and rock lights to one switch to light it all up.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reverse Lights

For the reverse lights I used Hella 4.75" work lights and bolted them onto the bracket above the rear flaps. I have them up high so I'm not dragging them all over rocks. Obviously, I'm not able to cast the light horizontally with my set up. So, I don't have as much backward visibility as some guys that have them mounted near/on the bumper or trailer hitch. But what was more important to me was being able to see under the rear wheels (see my pics in the top post) in case I am in a tight spot and want to back up a few feet in the rocks and take a different track.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rock Lights

Here are pictures of my "rock" lights. Once again, I went with a 4.75" Hella work light. It isn't the prettiest thing sitting under the truck, but they were $7 each and you'll see the reason I wanted to go with my cheapest option below. Since they are lower they pick up more rocks. I've never had a problem on the road, but you can see what happens when I start throwing rocks around off road.

I kept the lights lower (and exposed instead of tucked up in somewhere) because I wanted them to shed light out to my side instead of just down:

I like being able to track obstacles on the side easier without extra squinting, like here where I have about 8" to split between both sides:

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Switches and Relays

I have a total of four OEM fog switches:
#1 Factory Fog Lights
#2 Rock Lights (I originally tried to relay them to come on when the interior lights came on [e.g., hit the unlock bottom on the key fob and light up the mud puddles], but the relay didn't like the fading/dimming interior lights when I tried to tie into them).
#3 Bed Lights
#4 Reverse Lights (Come on automatically when truck is in reverse or when switch is pushed)

I relayed all the auxiliary lights so that they can only come on with the key's in the ignition.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wasatch Range Overlooking the Great Salt Lake

Here are a couple of pictures of my day trip I took up onto the Wasatch Front Range over the weekend. I'm overlooking Northern Utah and the Great Salt Lake in these. Good times and a good way to beat the heat of the valley.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks man. I was checking out the quad talk on your post. That's looking more and more tempting as I see more and more out on the trails.:clap:.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.