Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
480 HP 2.4L = lying ricer
06 Camry LE 2AZFE A5
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday Toyota won the Craftsman Truck race with the Tundra at Daytona with Todd Bodine. Yesterday Tony Stewart won with the Camry at Daytona in the Nationwide series.

Does anyone think that Toyota can win with the the Camry today and sweep every NASCAR points race for the opening week at Daytona?

I think that it's a VERY stong possibility. That would really be a great start for Toyota.

I'm pulling for Toyota or Dale Jr.

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,156 Posts
I'm with Chuck...anybody in a toyota or Dale Jr. I think there's a very good possibility of a TOYOTA sweep this weekend!

·
2000 Cadillac Seville STS
Cadillac Seville STS
451 Posts
Same here... pulling for Toyota or Dale Jr. I was kinda disappointed with Dale moving from DEI to Hendrick, but I think he'll do even better with Hendrick. This will definitely be Toyota's year... but I wish the pre-race show would be over already. I want to see the damn race!

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
i'm pulling for a toyota sweep this weekend!
GO GO TOYOTA!!!

·
06 Camry LE 2AZFE A5
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow didnt see that finish coming
I didn't either. I was thinking for sure that Stewart, Busch, or Jr. were going to come away with it. It would have happened that way too, if Busch didn't have to slow down because he went below the yellow line.

Oh well, that's racing...

·
Registered
04 Subaru Forester
382 Posts
im in the right place here...so many Jr fans! :clap: but at the end i was definitely pullin for tony

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
i was really pulling for tony or kyle busch to win the race....i really like denny hamlin but he had a tough race and was involved in quite a few of the wrecks...as was michael waltrip...
not a bad finish, but in no way would i expect two dodges to come 1-2....damit! just a corner short of a victory....
next time i tell you, next time

·
Cadillac Seville STS
451 Posts
I was pretty much screaming for Tony Stewart to win... that would have been the first time since 1954 a foreign name plate had won a Cup race. On the other hand, Ryan Newman is a cool guy so I'm glad he won it instead of Jeff Gordon or any Hendrick machine (excluding Jr.) We'll see if Toyota's success can continue at Fontana, and I have a feeling it will.

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts
I didn't either. I was thinking for sure that Stewart, Busch, or Jr. were going to come away with it. It would have happened that way too, if Busch didn't have to slow down because he went below the yellow line.

Oh well, that's racing...

We always got next week at cali, the season has just begun

·
06 Camry LE 2AZFE A5
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We always got next week at cali, the season has just begun
Absolutely. It sure was a great showing for Toyota. This year is looking good already. That's not too bad for only being in the Sprint Cup for 1 year. Gibbs Racing is a HUGE plus.

I'm sure Toyota will do great in all three of the NASCAR series this year.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
I was pulling for Jr (ofcourse) and Stewart..he's my 2nd fav driver. but Newman had to go and burst everyones bubble!

The race was good, kind of boring for the first 100 laps, not the typical side by side like the old cars were, but the last half go exciting, like it usually does!!

No one wanted to draft with Jr cause they knew he'd end up winning lol..

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
i love to watch JR and stewart go at it....man that is exciting

·
Cadillac Seville STS
451 Posts
I kept waiting for the big one... and luckily it never happened. As long as Jeff Gordon doesn't win... it's up in the air for me. :D

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,156 Posts
The ending sure surprised me! I didn't think the Dodges had a chance! Congrats to NEWMAN!!....at least Toyota did lead the most laps! Good showing!...1 down 38 to go!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts