Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
97 Camry '8ball EDITION'
97 camry, 06 hhr
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its 70ish, bright as hell, and me and my bro got bored...now you can be too ;) some of these kinda suck, however the trained eye will notice a few more things ive done to the car in the last few weeks, and also notice the H&R's have settled...

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
cars lookin pretty good

how is the ride quality from the new parts?
you gonna get the rear bumper resprayed to match the body?

·
97 Camry '8ball EDITION'
97 camry, 06 hhr
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah im leaving it alone till i respray the whole car...just gotta decide what color.... truth be told i HATE silver and tan for my own cars, just blends in with everything else...and tan gen 4s down here are like pictures of britney spears.... you just get sick of seeing them everywhere...

as far as parts...i didnt change the front sturts yet (not enough cash) so i can tell the difference between the 2 axels...lol but im loving the ride, had to put front pads on yesterday, got some auto zone lifetime warranty ceramics... so nice, and hopefully less wheel cleaning...

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
I think silver looks good with tan, but so does black. How stiff are the H&R springs? What kind of struts do you have in the front and back? I'm looking to swap my suspension setup for something more firm.

·
[g4.Rep]
1999 Toyota Camry LE
1,591 Posts
good job. In 3mons. you're gonna get sick ov those fog lights. LOL

·
Registered
616 Posts
like your setup bro.. but those fog lights do stick out quite a bit far out doesnt it?

·
97 Camry '8ball EDITION'
97 camry, 06 hhr
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
suspension is h&r sport springs and will be kyb gr2s on all four corners... and although stiffer then stock its alot better then the bouncing of worn out parts ;)

and yea the fogs stick out a bit...im looking for a gen 4 with the factory fog setup to get the front nose from in a junk yard ;) otherwise i love the lights them selves, )or i might be doing the 4.5 conversion..on never knows with me...lol

lets see- i desrtiped, de badged (but then repainted and rebadged the sombrero emblem) some stuff you cant see is the new brakes, the 4 guage power cables/200 amp breaker etx (will be adding specialty battery clamp tomorrow), removed the green condoms from the ac control lighting (blue leds soon)

·
Registered
616 Posts
ooo take some interior shots! I wanna see how well it looks on the AC control without those condoms :p

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
i like it...stance and wheels look good
lose that exhaust tip tho...sticks out way too far IMO.

·
Don't get mad. Get even.
a Toyota camry, daaa
1,779 Posts
Car Looking Nice..what About Hidding The Fog Lamps Behind The Bumper ????i'm Thinking On Doing That And Let The Light Go Thru The Openings On The Bottom Of The Bumper. I Can Really Tell About The Painted Sombrero?? Or The Look Of The Car Debadged..

Nice Scenery Btw

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Looks nice... If your open to suggestions... Lose the Walmart fogs. They dont fit the car and I bet they do almost nothing for visibility. Tuck the exhaust.

Other than that looks good :)

·
97 Camry '8ball EDITION'
97 camry, 06 hhr
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill try and answer in order... ;)

the tints are (i think) 5% on the back windows (faded now to more like 15) and 35 on the front, it was (and will soon be again) limo all around till i got a pain in the rump texas state trooper on my case...now i have the medical necessity waiver for dark tint so ill retint as money allows.

yea the tip is too far out, the exhaust shop left the pipe too long, i have to get under there and hack it shorter or if i really get the urge my buddy wants to trade a focuz stainless setup for my thrush...im a little worried it will just comeout looking to teen ricer...

and the fogs are pretty much stuck there for now... i cut up the nose and mounted them to it...(which reminds me i have the wire holders i need to get them on and cut off the zip ties....lol) so for now im leaving them be till i can find a new nose and brace and assorted parts for the 4.5 swap or a new gen 4 nose with the round factory fogs...

thanks all for the nice words and helpfull ideas and such!

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
Looking good, but like the others the tip and fogs I don't like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts