Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't get what OP is saying. 1.4T Cruze is dog slow. 1.5T Civic is dog slow. I have driven many turbo 4 cars in our search for my wife's new car (which is an SE HB now). We go to the dealers in my Nissan Titan or Infiniti Q60, both of these vehicles absolutely crush cars in the economy segment, so that is my perspective.
It's all relative, they all felt slow to me. Just different degrees of slow. I agree, the M20A is possibly the "slowest" compared to Cruze 1.4T or Civic 1.5T, but the difference is tiny. They are all slow and I wouldn't own any of them.
But, my wife LOVES her new Corolla HB and is not impressed at all by my Q60 or Titan.
This is how Toyota manages to kill it.
The new Corolla is a FAR BETTER car than the Cruze in every way, unless you just focus on one or two metrics. Overall, Corolla is better.
I completely agree I have a HB and I came off a 2012 Cruze. It was the worst car I could possibly own in my life.

·
straight cash homie
20,366 Posts
The Civic Sport trim is a mid-level trim that is Sport in name & cosmetics only. It also has the (actually reliable) old-school multi-port 2.0L engine - unless they changed it for 2020.
Oh I see...Honda switched it up. The LX and EX were the sedans only with the 2.0 when they came out in '16. I think it was last year that the EX went from NA to turbo (There was always an EX-T trim) and the Sport was the new trim. To me, it made no sense, since the Sport with its 18 inchers would make more sense with the turbo engine much like the hatch.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Civic Sport trim is a mid-level trim that is Sport in name & cosmetics only. It also has the (actually reliable) old-school multi-port 2.0L engine - unless they changed it for 2020.
Civic Sport Hatchback has always been 1.5T.

I believe Honda released "Sport" sedan and coupe versions later, after the Hatchbacks had been out a while.
I think the "Sport" sedan and coupe must be the NA2.0

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,703 Posts
Yep, the Civiic LX and Sport models have the 2.0L NA motor.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,703 Posts
Civic Sport HB is 1.5T 180HP
I looked on their website and it showed the 2.0 NA motor for both the Civic Sport sedan and coupe. I just looked again and the Civic HB does have the 1.5T engine. Weird how and why they did that. So we were both right. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

121 - 129 of 129 Posts