Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for REAL JDM Headlights. Not those ebay knockoffs that are the USDM lights with a black housing.

John

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
JDM headlights as in AE101 Levin or Trueno ones? FYI they dont fit your car.

Also take note that JDM lights would have the refractors pointing on the wrong side, so you wouldnt see on the right side of the road and glare on coming cars. Bottom line, skip them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New to corollas, still researching. I just thought the difference between my 97 corola headlights & japanese versions was the bottom corner by the grill was a sharper angle VS USDM.

Oh well, I guess black housing ebays will have to do!

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you look carefully, some of the "black housing" ones DO have the sharper corners by the grille. Some of the auctions even include the grille.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
92MX83 said:
If you look carefully, some of the "black housing" ones DO have the sharper corners by the grille. Some of the auctions even include the grille.

Yeah those are for the 93-96's with only 1 headlight bulb.

·
Wild on the Flip Side
745 Posts
if your worried about the light deflection of the JDM headlights going the wrong direction, try to get a set from here (Philippines). We drive lieft hand like you guys but our AE101 headlights have the same shape as the JDM ones. Try to get a grille as well since the USDM grill won't fit with JDM/PhDM headlights.

hths. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Both my '93 and '95 Corollas have 2 headlight bulbs. Separate high and low beams.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VooDoo said:
if your worried about the light deflection of the JDM headlights going the wrong direction, try to get a set from here (Philippines). We drive lieft hand like you guys but our AE101 headlights have the same shape as the JDM ones. Try to get a grille as well since the USDM grill won't fit with JDM/PhDM headlights.

hths. :)

Want to get me a set, seeing you're there, or have a connection there? LOL

John

·
Registered
680 Posts
i have a set for about a year or so now, and still struggling to get an h4 conversion. Or else saving up for HID.

·
Wild on the Flip Side
745 Posts
odd... conversion? i was able to switch from JDM to USDM and back to JDM without much of a problem. i guess all you guys need would be the wiring harness and sockets for the single H4. might want to get in touch with mirco here or rolla4me at grupotoyota... they might be comming home in the near future. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is this H4 conversion you speak of? Iknow H4 is a bulb, but wouldnt the JDM lights use the same bulbs as the USDM models? Why change a light socket? lol

·
Registered
680 Posts
^when you change to the JDM headlights, all you'll see is crap. You'll need to do the H4 conversion to see better. Or go HID. In japan, H4 is oem to them.

try the search button for more info. :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Different laws for different places in canada cars need DRL's, lately i have seen this being discussed it seems not all USDM corolla's have 2 bulbs?? (9005 / 9006)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rice said:
^when you change to the JDM headlights, all you'll see is crap. You'll need to do the H4 conversion to see better. Or go HID. In japan, H4 is oem to them.

try the search button for more info. :D
The H4 harnesses are included with these lights. So that's fine. Just got to wire them up and get proper H4 bulbs.

As for the laws, once the car is inspected it doesn't matter, we don't have annual safety's here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts