Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to see who is in the middle of their turbo project, any updated pics, etc is great! I want to know how everything is going along. So post up pics!

Here's my setup im working on.

Basic
**3S-GTE Exhaust Manifold
**3S-GTE CT-26
Heatshield
5SFE Oil Pan with Fitting Welded In
**Stock Oil Lines
Fittings for Oil Lines
**3S-GTE 2 Bar MAP Sensor
**RX7 460cc Injectors
New Spark Plugs gaped to .030
Custom Downpipe
Intercooler w/ custom piping
Management

SAFC2
MSD BTM
Greddy Type-S BOV
**AEM Wideband O2 Sensor w/ AFR Gauge
Autometer Tranny Temperature
Autometer Boost/VAC
Autometer Oil Pressure

Some pics...

Dont know why it says POO! lol

Post up pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Seems like alot of people lately are a little more serior about going 5sfe turbo this year. Hopefully we'll get a few new setups this year. Definitely interested in seeing what everyone posts up.

From all your threads looks like you're putting together a solid setup RedP. I had to stop my 5sfte project last year and get rid of my parts, but I'll finally be able to get back to my project this spring. I'll post up pics as the new parts start to come in.

3,032 Posts
Me, I already have my forged internals, but halted on my project because of getting in an accident...
I'm saving up on an AEM EMS right now, no piggybacks:thumbdown

AEM EMS
Crower Connecting Rods (3SGTE) Paid
CP Forged Pistons (3SGTE/5SFE) 87.5mm - 8.5:1 Paid
Garrett GT3071R-WG
Camshaft Hardweld/Regrind Paid
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel (3sgte)
3SGTE 2 Bar Map Sensor Part# 84420-17030
RC Engineering 550cc fuel injectors
3SGTE Twin Entry Turbo Manifold
Intercooler
HKS SS BOV
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
MSD Ignition
3SGTE Heatshield
Celica Downpipe
ARP Head Studs (from a 3SGTE)
Greddy Oil Catch Tank
Unorthodox Racing Ultra S Lightened Underdrive Crank Pulley
NGK 6097 Spark Plugs
Head Gasket (Triple Layer Steel gasket?)
Stage III Clutchnet RACING 6 BUTTON SPRUNG HUB CLUTCH DISC
TRD Short Shifter
Auto To Manual Swap
Drum 2 Disc Swap w/ Supra Rotors
Port n Polish Cylinder Head
3 Angle Valve Job
Engine Bore .5mm

This is my plan. I hope to save $2000 from that check that was written out to me by the insurance company, then I'll have that EMS in a month. From there, I'll be buying 1-3 things every payday. I can't wait!:D Estimated time to finish now: 6 months fully tuned

Thanks Ufoz for help and pointing a good direction

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like you got a good project going there! how much did your head gasket + apr studs cost. did you put it in yourself?

3,032 Posts
Woah hold up, thats the setup I'm planning on. It's not done yet:lol:
Those head studs have to be modified those to fit the 5sfe. I actually haven't looked up the price on that. Head gasket I think ran somewhere around $200-250
I think its listed on www.hksusa.com

Edit: I think these are the ARP Head Studs http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/arp_head_studs/203-4204/

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
I know that Toysrme was going through the process of buying a smaller turbo and I/C, i'll talk to him tonight about it if he's online.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Turbo S2000 FTMFW
2005 Honda S2000
2,047 Posts
If i can get ahold of UfoZ again i'll have started my turbo project with the purchase of a CT26 (at this moment thats it though) :p

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
97camryman - interested in making me a downpiep :) haha.

richie - interested in a meet whenever we're both done? celica dp wont fit? are you modding something to get it to fit?

did any of you find a decent quad (T fitting thing but 4) for the head.... so you can have it go into the head, oil pressure sensor, oil pressure gauge, and to the turbo. i can only find a T which rids the gauge

·
Registered
442 Posts
im in the process of putting a turbo setup together, it just sucks because a V6 setup is a little more complicated than a 4!

3,032 Posts
RedPhoenix said:
richie - interested in a meet whenever we're both done? celica dp wont fit? are you modding something to get it to fit?
Yeah, silverstreakin said the All-Trac version DP needs to be modified to fit the turbo. So I think it may need to be shortened? and possibly different sized flange on the end? I'd have to get the turbo and see. Oh yeah, I'm working on my turbo project off the car, meaning I have another 5sfe (given to me for free:D) and I'll have almost no downtime!

RedPhoenix - We'll definitely have to meet when all is done:thumbup:

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
i already posted my pics even tho i'm super charging (still alot of crap to do) but right now i'm just down to having to put everything in and custom fabing my pully bracket.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
im swapping to metal head gaskets now... got the whole turbo setup installed and running for 2 days... but i have to go get emissions tested soon so i have to run without it for a week or so while i get that done... but i have to put the motor back togehter first.

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chronoti said:
i already posted my pics even tho i'm super charging (still alot of crap to do) but right now i'm just down to having to put everything in and custom fabing my pully bracket.

cant wait to see this done. florida is getting a lot of F/I cam's haha. how much longer til we can see it in :)

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zoni said:
im swapping to metal head gaskets now... got the whole turbo setup installed and running for 2 days... but i have to go get emissions tested soon so i have to run without it for a week or so while i get that done... but i have to put the motor back togehter first.

pretty cool. I allowed myself 3 days to get everything in and tuned... haha what a crunch.

how hard is it to do the HG on an i4 ( i know you have v6 )?

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
zoni said:
its half as difficult :)
no actually probably 60%

you better allow yourself 2 weeks at LEAST.

well, im starting the saturday of spring break. i have 9 days to get it ready. i plan opn taking 2 days to get the stuff in.. thats not too hard. im doing stuff like gauges and safc, btm, etc prior to spring break... basically all i can do before hand that not going to mess with the stock settings will be in. i want to tune it so its drivable right away, but you seem to fine tune, the more you drive it, ya know? then that wednesday (i plan and hope) to take it to the track.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts